close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cops spray & pray- two women shot in LA

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Skyhook, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012

Just to be clear: two petite HISPANIC delivery women. The murderer is a 270 lb, 6'5" African American man. They shot the HISPANIC women driving a blue Toyota Tacoma and the African American murderer is driving a grey Nissan Titan.
    Looks like the LAPD cops are not only color blind but also equal opportunity shooters.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012
    They lawyer-ed up since yesterday.

3. Zombie Surgeon

Zombie Surgeon MODELATOR

Sep 6, 2012

Paid in part by my tax dollars, since I am a resident of Los Angeles.

4. I agree that the police when involved in a shooting like this should face the same process as a non-police in a shooting, sadly we all know that they will not. All you need to do is read any cop form and there is a very well defined line for us versus them. I have for years worked with police trainers from several countries and most of them are friends and I respect them but they belong to an exclusive club for police only.

5. The initial reports were of a blue truck.

6. In would agree.

Honestly Bear , I heard it from one of the horses mouth. I do not have a link to it but its very probable, especially in this city.
    I'm sure those officers were giving multiple commands for that blue truck to stop which led to this event. I personally think it was excessive because you known if they were after a normal suspect of even a serial killer of some sort this would less likely to have happened. Replace a regular suspect with one that killed several police officers, then low and behold emotions run high. Apparently to most police, the lives of their "own" is far mor important.

7. bear62

bear62

Feb 5, 2005
    Rocky Mountains
  8. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia

Attached Files:

9. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Maybe officers thought he was in the extended cab part of the truck...

10. marchboom

marchboom

Aug 18, 2006
    Idaho
    Make sure you have ALL the facts before making ANY statement about guilt.

You weren't there. You have no idea about what REALLY happened.

The officers might be wrong but let the investigation bring that out.

11. We don't need ALL the facts. We aren't on a jury. We are just judging the story as it is presented to us.

That's what we do on the internet, or at the water cooler at work, or at the local gas station, and there is nothing wrong with it. If we waited for all the facts, we'd have nothing to talk about :)

12. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    Disagree. The rule of law should be applied to the individual circumstances and the specific situation. One-size-fits-all justice is not just.

13. glock39

glock39

May 26, 2005
    Tyler, TX
    OK, you lost me. How is it one-size-fits-all if the cops are judged by the exact same standards that a private citizen would be under the exact same circumstances?

If a private citizen, under those circumstances, would not have been justified in firing a weapon, then why were the cops justified in firing?

If the officers believed that it was necessary to fire in order to protect innocent life (and preventing what they thought was a mass murderer from escaping might arguably fall under that category), then why should a private citizen be prosecuted for making the exact same decision under those circumstances?

I thought Rule of Law meant everybody lives under the same laws. Not one set of rules if you're employed by the government and a different set of rules for everyone else. If, hypothetically, a CHL holder was standing next to the cops and also fired at the vehicle, should the private citizen go to jail, while the officers walk away with no consequences?

14. Ever hear of David Gregory?

Guess we live not under the rule of law, but instead under the rule of selective enforcement.

As long as we generally agree with the selection choices, no problem :)

15. So are the police exempt from the laws we the surfs must adhere to? This would explain why it seems like the general public need to be cautious around the LEO types now.

16. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    And yet your previous post also calls for harsher penalties for cops, which is the very definition of a double standard. I think you need to come to terms with your own thoughts on this before you engage in debate.

Then, find me Joe Citizen with the exact same situation, and we'll be able to discuss.

17. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    I'm exempt from a number of laws that are applicable to you. I'm also subject to laws that you aren't. Go figure.

18. Like LEO get a freebie if you make a mistake or two? Kick in the wrong door no big deal, shoot up the wrong car not a problem just another day at the office. I know you get protection from your actions you shouldn’t but you do.

19. Sam Spade

May 4, 2003
    You don't know what you're talking about. You don't even know what you don't know.

Meanwhile, back on topic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.