Cop Talk Section

Discussion in 'Update/Upgrade Info Forum' started by IrishSheepdog54, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Just curious, do I need a specific post count or authorization to reply in the Cop Talk section? I'm a cop in Chicago and wanted to reply to a thread in there. I don't really have a lot to say in the Glocking section yet, since I have only had my Glock for a year and am still learning about it... which is a big reason I signed up here.

Thanks.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    I forgot that we had a tech talk section on the board Tech Talk Jan 21, 2005
    Florida GlockTalk Range Day /Fall 2015 General Firearms Forum Yesterday at 10:37 PM
    Here's a good one...talk about stupidity The Okie Corral Monday at 10:49 PM
    Fairly New Member - No CopTalk access??? General how-To Help Forum Aug 23, 2015
    Favorite day time talk show? The Okie Corral Aug 16, 2015

3. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

Just cause you say your a cop doesn't get you a free pass. Follow the rules buddy, or get drummed out.

4. OK, what does that mean?

5. smokeross

You need 30 days and a certain number of posts to post in CT. Read the rules.

6. DJ Niner

From the Glock Talk FAQ (linked near the top of every page):

http://glocktalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=newmembers#faq_blockedforums

Why Can't I Post In Some Forums?

There are several forums here whose natures are so volatile that we have had to take extra measures to control them. The forums in question include:

Cop Talk
    The Furball Forum
    Political Issues
    Civil Liberties Issues
    Religious Issues
    the AWOT Forum

The topics of these six forums are very controversial and are the cause of most of the problems we have to deal with here.

Much of the trouble in these forums is caused by people who have either been banned and sneaked back on the site, or people who are signing up for no other reason than to go to one of these forums to grind their axe. In an effort to help calm things down in these forums, new members here can no longer post immediately in these six problem forums.

How Do I Gain Posting Access To These Forums?

A member must have been a member in good standing here for thirty days or more and have made at least twenty posts elsewhere on the site, or...
    A member must purchase either a general paid membership, or buy a one-time paid subscription that grants immediate posting access to these forums.

For more information on these paid subscriptions, please check here: http://glocktalk.com/forums/payments.php.

These forums are a small part of our site, but they are responsible for most of the problems we encounter. We are hoping this measure will help to prevent some of that trouble.

Hope this answers your question. If you need anything else, drop me a PM and I'll do what I can to help.

7. Ok thanks for the replies guys. I saw the FAQ but didn't see anything about that. No big deal. I appreciate the info.

8. smokeross

17 posts and a a couple weeks, and your 10-7

9. "Cop Talk
    The Furball Forum
    Political Issues
    Civil Liberties Issues
    Religious Issues
    the AWOT Forum"

Okay, I give up. What's an AWOT ?!

10. DJ Niner

America's War On Terror forum.

Not a terribly busy forum, most of the time.

11. SheepDog, welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing you in the cop talk section. Stay safe brother.

12. Thanks. I never would have guessed that one.

13. AZL

AZL

I have been around a while SheepDog...but have a LOW post count. I am retired with 23 years service. Hope we get to chat sometime. Be safe brother.

14. We look forward to your input in the Cop Talk forum when you can.

Welcome.

15. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated
    Lifetime Member

Welcome from the SW burbs. I look forward to seeing you in CopTalk. Though I warn you - The City of Chicago takes an awful beating in there. Not the cops - mostly the stupid politics.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. So dose a detention deputy count.

17. Count as being LE?

Absolutely.

18. This answers my question as to why I could not post either! Like to read but don't have much to say that has not already been said. I'll have to work on that. (This will help!)

19. I was having the same question. Been on here awhile just like to browse. Wife says I'm a lot cuter when I don't speak. Most of my post would be better suited for CT.

20. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated
    Lifetime Member