close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cop killer arrested 16 years later

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by MrsKitty, Oct 6, 2012.

1. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Posted in GNG yesterday but I thought you guys would appreciate hearing this story, too. :)

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19488125#post19488125

http://www.odmp.org/officer/14813-patrol-sergeant-gregory-keith-martin

2. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    Better late than never. Even in absence of justice, this man is a danger to everyone. Now the public is safer, and justice can be served.

As an aside, his former agency, Mount Airy NC, is the home town of Andy Griffith, and it is generall accepted as the inspiration for Mayberry.

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Well, good that he was caught after all of this time. May the families involved be at peace.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    Yes. I know some of his family as I am originally from there and my family believes that Otis was based on a family member. He was an alcoholic who frequently landed in jail (nothing bad, just a drunk). When they were having a family dinner, my great grandmother would call the jail and a deputy would drop him off at the house. Afterwards, they'd pick him up and take him back to jail...after he'd drank all the mouthwash in the house or anything else he could find with alcohol in it. :rofl:

5. That is good news. I bet the perp was worried each and every day. Now he can get justice for his actions.

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    You are welcome. :wavey: