close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cook county taxing guns

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jeanderson, Nov 1, 2012.

1. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Well, I'm glad to see those fine elected officials in Chicagoland have finally come to their senses. They were going to tax guns and ammo, but now are only going to tax guns: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/chicagos-cook-county-drops-bullet-tax-keeps-gun-221122419.html

Yup, that should cut down crime alright.

To anyone reading this from Chicago: Do you get to vote for this guy?

2. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    So how do you tax stolen guns? Last I checked criminals weren't into legal purchases and background checks.

3. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    The proposed amount to be raised through the tax doesn't begin to cover the costs they are complaining about, so their entire justification for the tax is a joke to begin with when viewed from that perspective.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Well If I lived there I'd be moving. Leave the criminal infested ****hole to rot ! Good luck in getting Joe gangbanger to pay the tax. I see a drive by at this guys house in the future! Good luck Chitcago!! Dumocrats are real stupid critters!:rofl:

5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I wonder if the politicians carrying guns will be exempt from the tax or if the county will pay it for them.