close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conyers Debrief

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glockrunner, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Bob and I had a great time. We both shot well. Let's hear what everyone else thought.

And how about the new clubhouse??? Really nice remodeling job.

Thanks to all, the RO's were great, the GSSF crew did a great job too.

2. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Can you estimate on how many guns were there today? Is the gas situation keeping people away?

I will be there tomorrow.

Thanks

3. Nukem

Nukem

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Somehow it was even better than last year! I arrived a bit before 2 PM and finished by 3 PM. RO's did a great job. Clubhouse is fantastic! Definitely a great match!

How many? I was 433rd today. Gas lines were a bit long at one station. Quite a few stations appeared to have no fuel...

4. Doc Pathfinder

Doc Pathfinder

I shot the match today and really had a lot of fun even though my shooting was nothing at all to brag about. I guess I will have to do better next time because even though this was my very first GSSF match it got me hooked. A Big Thanks to the staff and the range officers for a great job. My only guestion is do they still sell gas in Georgia? This is getting crazy!

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i had a great time. met a few new friends and hopefully talked with a new shooter and helped him in becoming interested in shooting GSSF some more. saw a lot of old friends. i won one of the USPSA style side matches, got a glock coffee cup out of it. got to speak just a little with cody tucker and his dad. cody will be someone to watch in a few more years, if not already. i think i'm shooting was about as bad as it's ever been with iron sight guns. i did have a BP on the plates in UL, 10.78. the new speed rack slowed me down a bit with the stock guns but it sure felt easy with the dot. i spent alot of money on raffle tickets between tickets for this match and the pensacola match.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  6. James5m

James5m

Its just like playing the Lottery EDE. You can't win it you don't play:cool:.It was good seeing you again. The Florida guys and I ROed Saturday and a few of them were able to shoot a couple of COFs and we are going to finish them off today and then head back home. As always GSSF and South River Gun Club put on a great match and seeing old freinds and meeting alot of new is always great fun. Hopefuly We will get so pictures posted later on.

Jim

P.S.
    I Hope Mr. L didn't have to ride in the trunk home.:whistling:

7. SCC

SCC Member Me

did not take pic's this time but !!!! I did have a great time and thanks to all the ro's and the range for a fun time !! this year was the best time that i have had on the plate rack 1st string was a 4.40 with a stock 19 with GNS :supergrin: FOR ME THAT IS SWEET

8. berusch

berusch

I attended this event on Saturday, my first ever, had a very good time. Really wanted to return Sunday, but I was afraid of running out of fuel on the way back home and being unable to find more. It was great to shoot at things that fall over and/or go "DING" when you hit them. Much more satisfying than just striking paper.

Thank you to the fellas that for the advice, especially Ed. Hope you won yourself some pistols. There was another fella also in a Carver Mounts shirt that was also friendly, but embarrassingly I didn't catch his name.

I did very poorly at 5 to Glock, and really wish I got another crack at it. Had multiple Mikes on the 2 most distant targets. There's a range just a couple miles from my house, I went there today and had no problems hitting at B ring or better at 15, 20, and then 25 feet. I think the fact that I knew I was being timed forced me to rush shots without acquiring a proper sight picture.

See you all at the next event.

9. SCC

SCC Member Me

10. SCC

SCC Member Me

cody tucker 3 RD SPOT OUT OF 174 DAM GOOD :wow:

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

ben, it's a lot different shooting on the clock than shooting when no one is watching. i can shoot at home and not have any major problems but sure can screw up about every way there is to screw up at a match.

12. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

You got that right. I shot way to terrible today, with all of the people in line watching me shoot. Way too much pressure. I guess that I need to figure out how to get into the "Zone" when shooting.

All in all, I had fun shooting and meeting new people. That is what is all about.

13. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Just got home about half an hour ago. Got to the match about 10:45 this morning and except for the 5TG it went very fast. The newly remodeled clubhouse is very nice. I have always enjoyed coming to Sout River Gun Club! Great Club and Great People! Thanks to everyone for hosting GSSF, we really do appreciate it.
    My shooting was OK, not the best but not horrible.

14. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

Glad to hear that everyone that went had a good time. I chickened out because of the gas situation. Wife and I had scheduled our vacations around the GSSF events I planned on going to this year. Instead of going to Conyers,, we came back up to Michigan to see what we didn't see during the Brighton weekend due to the rain and Hurricane Ike winds that hit the Midwest. Looking forward to Lexington and Knoxville.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  15. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Preliminary results are ALREADY up at "gssfonline.com".

:supergrin:

Thanks to a system upgrade that allowed multiple laptops to be wirelessly linked, the GSSF people were able to get all the scoresheets entered, and thanks to a WiFi link at South River Gun Club, Cindy was able to post the prelims right from the clubhouse before the ROs dispersed.

Final total; 465 entries.

Question: What is WITH you Masters?

There were at least 14 of you there. That many shot MasterStock.

All 14 also shot "Competition", so that the 1st - Master prize will be upgraded from $100 to a pistol. I'm not sure, but there might be a $100 2nd prize there as well.

However, only 4 of you shot "MajorSub" and only 6 shot "Subcompact". So, the 1st Place "Master" awards there will remain $100 instead of begining upgraded to another firearm.

The 19 Amateurs in "MajorSub" means there will be the "normal" 1st - Pistol, 2nd $100, 3rd - $75 just as in ALL the other "Amateur" divisions.

Both the Competition and Subcompact scores ARE eligible for the "MatchMeister" award. Not to mention eligibility for all the other random awards.

Could some of you Masters explain to me your rationale for NOT shooting all 5 of the Divisions open to you at a match of this size where it is very likely there are more than the 10 needed to upgrade the awards in these divisions?

:faint:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  16. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

shirt sleeve weather

That's Uncle Bob' shirt behind Pete.

The Gas thing was different.

One station had a guy filling his truck although ALL the pumps were marked empty.

One station would only sell us $25.

Some of the lines at the few stations that were open (according to the TV were up to 1 1/2 hours)

A few people just parked and slept in their cars until the next gas truck arrived.

The Glock shirts are Randi, Dave and Jessie

If you did not notice Their scores for the match

Randi-56.82
    Dave -38.41
    Jessie -53.43

Just goes to show you what a carload of talent can do.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  17. ede

ede Bama's Friend

norske i thought at match of this size that Comp, Sub, and Msub would easily meet the 10 master minimum for the prize up grade. seems to me it makes good sense to shoot all the classes and help bump the prize to a gun and open up a spot in MS and UL for someone else to win a gun. plus with the random awards it's another chance for a random prize.

18. James5m

James5m

EDE!! Why didn't you ask Pharaoh for his anti mind control hat with the optional visor/visor:supergrin:

19. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

What a great match. Other than the gas situation we could not have asked for a better weekend. The weather was perfect, range was great, RO's did a great job, GSSF Crew were really rocking and it was a pleasure watching Team Glock. Don't think I should discuss my shooting. I had a great time, worked part of the weekend, got to shoot 6 categories, and spent some quality time with good friends. Hope to see everyone at Lexington next month.

Don

20. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

WOW what a match, yes the gas problem should not have kept anyone away. The Florida contingent traveled from Florida all the way up here to shoot and we just planned a little bit a head. No problems. Now if you want to talk delays on I-65 traffic was stopped so Life-flight could land and all the other fender benders would stop. (Cell phones while driving)

The staff as always was great keep it up. The Ro's did a good job keeping the wait at each shooting area short and sweet. I a was able to shoot fairly quickly everywhere. My shooting continues to improve slowly. I shot well in some and shot poorly in others now if my consistence would just catch up.

Until Lexington see you soon.

Pharaoh

Photos to follow.