Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Conyers 2012 Photo & Debriefing Thread

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Sep 20, 2012.

1. I, and a bunch of other folks, are already in town so I thought it would be as a good time as any to get started.

Post your match (and pre-match) stories and photos here. :wavey:
  2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I'd like to see a great photo of Dr Rod shooting the Gunny Match.:wavey:

3. Dinner with Scott and Ed (emtjr) tonight, then all back to my room to check out the racer and dry-fire.

Going in mid-morning tomorrow and shoot with the ROs.

Maybe I'll actually see the Gunny Challenge this year.
  4. emtjr928

Jan 26, 2012
    McDonough, Ga.
    Enjoyed Dinner and the conversation with Scott and SARDG! Scott even wanted to eat "Southern Cookin' ". Not some Organic tofu something or other.
  5. Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    Have you gotten your racegun reloads straightened out? I sold my Lee Loadmaster and have been using the Lee classic turret. Now all of my rounds are passing the case gauge check. I'm hoping for better results tomorrow.
  6. I' m squared away I think.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  7. 735 preregistered.

8. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    I'd like to see a photo of me there, either shooting, working, or relaxing but it isn't going to happen. I feel bad for not making it, not so much for me but for Bama having to cancel his trip because I won't be able to load his mags or carry his bags for him from stage to stage while he shoots the match.
  9. fotog54

Dec 29, 2009
    Marietta GA
    I registered and shot the course today. I wanted to beat the crowds and the heat, I was #741.

Amat Civ = 82.29

2.3 seconds better than I did in Griffin. I still could not get a clean run on the plates, argghh!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  10. Chromepulse

Apr 9, 2008
    What time does registration open tomorrow?
  11. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    9am, but get there a little early because the lines will be long.:wavey:
  12. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    will someone ask the gunny if he will be there on sunday for me and then post if he will be ? thanks alot
  13. PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Had a great first day of shooting. I shot 4 divisions today. 77.88 in Master Stock, 82.09 in Competition, 88.80 in AmCiv and a dismal 191.16 in Unlimited. Had a few issues with Kitty's racer but we figured out it was my damn California mags! :faint: The other 3 times are all personal bests. :supergrin: Working the match tomorrow and shooting 3 more divisions on Sunday. MAN this is fun!! :supergrin:

14. I shot through all 5 of my Divisions and RO'ed. There were a LOT of people shooting there today - more than just ROs. I am dog-tired.

On one positive note... Scott G. and Mark R. made the rounds at the bays that had double CoFs in them and adjusted the timers so everyone could run simultaneous shooters. That immediately doubles the number of shooters we can get through in a given time.

This year the new bays are open and there are an increased number of stages set. Between more stages, being able to shoot 2 shooters at once, and getting quite a few shooters through today, we should be in good shape if the entries climb to 1200+.
  15. I will.... if I don't have to stand in line to ask him - but I can't imagine that being the case.
  16. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    My teammate arrived at 8am--15 folks already in line.

8:30am--about 100 folks in line awaiting the opening of registration. It's going to be a record attendance day.:wavey:
  17. dseder

Dec 12, 2011
    Dacula, GA
    The Friday activities were the first I've been at a GSSF shoot. I was going to shoot on Sat with everyone else but found out my son had a t-ball game, so Friday was my only chance. Let me just say, it was a blast! I didn't do the best, but really had a great time meeting folks, sticking pasters on the targets, and of course shooting my Glock.

Thanks to all you ROs who let me shoot with you yesterday! I stuck around to help as long as I could, and didn't get to say goodbye to each one. You all were a great example of patience with me ... and I appreciate the time some of you took to answer my questions and give me some pointers.

... and man I really wanted to stick around and see Kitty shoot that blue gun ;o)
  18. SCC

SCC Member Me

Jun 10, 2007
    kennesaw GA.
    thats what GSSF is all about ...
    glad you had a great time
  19. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    Congrats to Butch Barton of Team Carver Custom for winning the Gunny Challenge yet again!!!!!! Great job Butch!!!!!! :wavey: :supergrin:
    (wish I'd have been there to see it :crying: )

20. Breaking news...

Butch Barton wins Gunny Challenge
    ... again.