Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Converted Handgun as a CCW

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Kalmah, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006

I recently acquired a Glock 32. It's my first experience with the .357 SIG caliber, and I love it. I'd like to carry a .357 as a CCW, but in a smaller platform than the G32. The Glock 33 subcompact would be perfect.

Unfortunately, G33s are almost impossible to find right now, but Glock 27s are relatively plentiful. The G27 is easily converted to .357 by simply dropping in a new barrel.

Would you see any problems with carrying a converted G27 as a CCW? Is a pistol converted to fire a different caliber something that could cause undue legal complications if I ever had to use it? Should I grab a G27 and a drop in a .357 barrel, or wait until I can find a G33?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Folks who watch too much CSI might think, "Aha! I saw on TV where they change barrels after a shooting to fool the detectives and hide their guilt!"

That said, though, I've not seen it become an issue in a shooting, and I know several gun-wise people who've put .357 barrels in their .40 Glocks or SIGs and gone merrily on their way.

In your case, my concern in the first paragraph wouldn't apply; your shooter friends will be able to testify that they knew you installed the new barrel way back around April 2013 or so, and even announced it on Glock Talk, so you obviously aren't hiding anything. :cool: