Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Conversion barrels for a G31

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by DeLo, Jan 18, 2012.

1. DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    What is everyone using? Can you just drop in a G22 barrel also?
  2. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Aug 23, 2009
    SE WA
    Lone Wolf.

Stock G22 barrel is also strait drop in.

3. I shot for the first time my new G32 barrel in my fed all well and was accurate if I did my part...I shot about 200 rounds (100 each) of Speer Lawman TMJ and Speer Gold Dot...125GR for each...

4. Gary Davidson

Gary Davidson

Oct 30, 2004
    Yes you can just drop in a Stock GLOCK G22 Barrel. However, if you plan to reload or use non-jacketed bullets, you may want to consider an aftermarket G22 barrel that has a tight chamber with good case support and conventional rifling. It has been reported that the latest G22 Factory barrels have better case head support, though. The older G22 barrels left a lot of the side of the case unsupported, causing case bulging with hot loads, and in some instances, even case blow-outs. In the worst cases, the lower receiver was destroyed.

That being said, many here on GT have used reloads in their Stock G22 factory barrels without problems.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    How did the recoil compare to .40S&W?

6. I had mostly shot 165GR Speer Gold Dot and Lawman when I tried .40 S&W...I felt the 357 SiG to be perhaps more comfortable to shoot than the .40 for me...

...the G19/G23/G32 sized GLOCKs are more difficult for me as the first finger groove is just a bit tight and less comfortable than the one row of dots larger full sized and sub compact sized GLOCKs (or the big G20/G21 frames ;) )...

...I actually felt the recoil was similar to shooting hotter 9mm and was satisfied with the I now have a 9mm barrel and mags, .40 S&W barrel and mags and 357 SiG barrel and mags, I am not sure which combination I would prefer to carry...I had no issues with the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel and G19 mags and there are 2 extra cartridges (by comparison) but I like the extra zip of the 357 SiG as well...

7. Does this work the other way 'round? G31 barrel into g22?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  8. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

Aug 23, 2009
    SE WA
    Yes sir.
  9. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr trout fear me!

How are these barrel swaps working?
  10. 100% for me but the barrel is a GLOCK G32 barrel and but for the barrels, slide markings and magazine followers (may even be the same between G23 and G32 today) they should be identical...