close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Consumer Corner"

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by St. Croix, Oct 3, 2003.

1. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

Aug 28, 2003
    I'm not sure if there is already a thread like this in the BoG Club house but perhaps we can share some of the "horror stories" we've encountered when dealing with gunshops and gun dealers. As well as share some of the rare delightful instances when we felt we were really looked after; when we actually experienced good customer service. Doing so, we'd more or less know which shops to go to and which shops should be avoided like the plague.

Let me start off with an experience I had with Hahn in Parksquare Makati. I was trying to find a holster for my G19 and I was informed that they might have some decent selection. Upon entering, I noticed that the store attendant was engaged in a conversation with their security guard. Obviously non-sense and not business related conversation. No "Good morning sir/maam" which is something I can let slide easily. So I browse a bit hoping to find a G19 holster on my own but can't seem to find any from my vantage point. I finally asked the attendant if they have any holsters for Glocks. He gives me a sharp and immediate "Wala" without checking their stocks, at the same time giving me an irritated look that I interrupted their conversation. I guess he has such a masterful memory that he is able to store in his mind their entire store inventory. I immediately walked out of the shop disgusted at the lack of customer service orientation as well as salesmanship. Without sounding arrogant, I was in a money burning mood that day. Too bad the attendant failed to sense it. It wouldnt have hurt him to check if other branches had stock or if I had any other need aside from the holster. Its unfortunate that I do not know the owner/proprietor of Hahn cause I'd really tell him what I think about his sales attendants.

2. neil_croox

neil_croox utopian sound

Sep 25, 2003
    may i ask wat branch?

3. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

Aug 28, 2003
    To even things out, let me share a nice experience I had with a gunshop called Casa Armas in Makati Cinema Square. I was trying to look for a standard g19 magaziine. When I bought my glock, the two magazines were both +2 with the extended magazine grip which is ok but I'm having trouble concealing it in my belt bag. I walk into the store and was greeted casually by the lady, think her name is Baby. She tells me that they do not have the magazine I was looking for but referred me to another shop nearby who might have it in stock. (unfortunately they were out of stock as well.) But she doesnt stop there. She inquires if I wanted the 30 round magazine instead which I didnt. I ended up just buying another +2 magazine and some lubricant. I saw an ultra compact 45 model on their racks and was very interested in it and she let me handle it to my hearts content. she was very attentive which impressed me greatly. i believe part and parcel of good salesmanship is rapport building. its unfortunate that so few store sales personnel know and practice this.

a couple of weeks later, i give them a call to check on the ultra compact model. she tells me that its still available but they have new stocks of full sized single stack and hi cap 1911 models. so i dropped by the store a couple of days later and ended up making a downpayment for a milspec RIA 1911. I was promised I'd get it in 2 weeks. Hopefully they maintain the good impression they've made on me.

4. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

Aug 28, 2003

park square branch sir. although i've noticed an overall attitude of apathy towards customers in their filinvest alabang branch as well.

5. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    St.Croix,

I have nothing but praises for the staff of Casa Armas. The women there are so friendly and accomodating that they'll make you want to buy their whole inventory because of their excellent service. Apply beautiful eyes when talking to them and you may get an extra 10% discount :)

As for Hahn, I have not yet experienced anything as bad as what you experienced but from my encounter with them during and after the gunshow, the MegaMall branch was very accomodating when ppts and I were testing their asp/ballistic/extendable batons out and when I was asking if they had any hiking sandals for my trip to Nueva Ecija.

My friend is a very close friend of the owner of Hahn Manila, maybe I can pass your complaint through her. Hopefully it will get to the owner.

6. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

Aug 28, 2003

Sadly, the beautiful eyes did not get me any discount. But I'll try to get some freebies when I get my FA next week. Kahit cap man lang :) Theres this other lady also, I think her name is Fritz or Fritzy. Tall and quite pleasant on the eyes too.

As for Hahn, I'm sure they have decent sales people. In fact I ended up buying a Bianchi Belt Bag from them during the last gunshow. Its just unfortunate that I usually encounter their "not so customer savvy staff" everytime I go to their branches.

7. deenoh

deenoh

Feb 3, 2003
    Philippines
    I've also had my share of bad customer service too and it can really ruin a person's day :(

8. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    Okay talaga dyan sa CasaArmas / TwinPines! ;f

Kaya nga whenever I get a brandnew firearms I always get it from them. Kahit sino sa mga saleslady dun eh very accommodating! Cheers to Jane, Jenny, Jolly, Baby, etc! ;Y

9. neil_croox

neil_croox utopian sound

Sep 25, 2003
    well, try to drop by some time to confirm your reviews of the store;) mas grabe ibang horror stories, pinapalitan pa ang ibang piyesa..(happened to me, but its not gun related....lalo pag aircon ng kotse, sasabihin nila na sira ito at ire, hindi naman..pala)

10. wunder9

wunder9

Mar 9, 2003
    Philippines
    Baby of Casa Armas MCS is the best. Very accomodating and easy to talk to. It's the gunshop of my choice.

Final Option in Virra Mall was a nightmare. The saleslady there kept giving me the wrong parts. She relied on the part numbers labelled on their packaging, which were erroneous anyway. She wouldnt even listen when I explained & showed her why the parts she gave me wont fit on my g-19. I only got the parts I needed after coming back there a couple of times (from Makati), a fair amount of arguing, and me keeping my temper in check. Final Option in MCS isnt much better either. Those people are ignorant and dont care about customer satisfaction. I'm so disgusted w/ Final Option that I stayed clear of their booth at the gunshow last August. I'll never do business again with them, ever.

11. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    This thread is an excellent idea. Want to go one step further? Let's inform all the shop owners about the presence and purpose of this site and encourage them to visit from time to time. That way, they will always be on their toes about the quality of service their employees give.

12. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    Told Baby and the other salespersons in Casa Armas about this thread and they said they would check it out as they remarked"nakakataba ng puso". I've been a satisfied customer ever since I got my Super Blackhawk from them 2 years ago and got my Glock 30 from them this year and have made it a point to visit their store whenever I'm in Manila. Kudos to your efficient and friendly service, hope you keep it up. :)

13. bass one

bass one

Oct 2, 2003
    Singapore
    Rochelle from Ultra Systems Megamall was sweet and accommodating when I made a phone inquiry last week. Hope she'll be as sweet and accommodating when I call her again...for more inquiries that is.

14. Casa Armas / Twin Pines score excellently as regards customer service. Very courteous staff. Dealt with them several times already and I'm totally satisfied. A lot of reasonably priced quality items available.

How I wish they'd find a way to reduce the prices of their S&W revolvers... :cool:

15. bass one

bass one

Oct 2, 2003
    Singapore
    hmmm...;Q

...all praises itong casa armas mcs na ito a. Can I have their number doktabako? I'll just make an inquiry, baka makamura ako.;w

16. penduko

penduko

Sep 25, 2003
    Manila, Philippines
    I shall not name the gun store... suffice to say it is that other gun store in Robinson's Galleria Ortigas/EDSA, the one on a much lower floor than Twin Pines.

I was actually in a pretty good mood that day, and entered their shop, devoid of customers as it was, with bonhomie all over my face.
    "Hello", I greeted the first salesperson I saw. The lack of ANY acknowledgement should have warned me.

I approached the shiny counter, overstaffed as it was, and soto voce inquired about smaller-sized 9mm autoloaders. The man and the woman closest to me stared right past me, while the woman barked sharply that the firearms I was inquiring about were 'hindi basta-basta (not just so easy/cheap) --and very expensive'.
    There was a manager-type more-formally dressed who did nothing but fold his arms and turn away.

I sighed, shook my head, and left in the general direction of the escalators towards Twin Pines. Though they (Twin Pines) didn't have what I was looking for, they were courteous and helpful. I plan on frequenting them (and a few other helpful shops) for supplies.

I'm sure gun-shop employees have their bad days, but come on...

pp

17. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    I'll take a wild guess.... ;2 TRUST TRADE! ;B ;B ;B

;f ;f ;f ;f ;f

18. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Yes, that was my guess as well;f ;f ;f The entire store for some reason doesn't look friendly. There was even a time when the owner refused to talk to me and a friend when we wanted to talk to her during the gun show. And she's ten feet away!

19. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

That is very typical of Hahn, their staff does not like entertaining questions about their goods especially if it is coming from some one whom they guess is ignorant about guns. I always experience that kind of treatment whenever I visit their store in SM North. That is why I dont care to ask anymore whenever I pass by. There was this one time (a week after the suspension of PTC)that I have with me emough moolah to pay for a gun purchase in cash. I asked the person in charge, a rather not so big woman, and asked her how much for the CZ75, she told me that they will not asist me in the processing of the license because of the PTC suspension. To my mind, I thought, what the hell did processing an FA license got to do with the PTC suspension? I did not care to ask anymore and just went out of the store.