close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Consistency between your handgun combo?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by coleslaw, Jun 26, 2012.

1. coleslaw

coleslaw
    Expand Collapse

Most folks I know personally do not have consistency between their full size, range, service pistol and their compact/carry pistol. For example I know a few guys that carry a Glock compact but their other handgun is a 1911. Most folks on gun forums say they do have consistency between their handgun combo... i.e. Glock 17 and Glock 26.

I own only two handguns HK USP9f and USPc9mm. My USP9f... LOVE it. My USPc9, it's growing on me but I like it. Which is actually odd because the day I picked up my USP9f I thought "This is a ugly gun" and I was all about my USPc, but as time went on and I got to learn the guns and shoot them I just fell madly in love with my USP9f. I think I just feel more confident handling and operating a full, service size gun.

Anyway I thought about adding a 3rd kid to the mix but I don't want anything smaller than my USPc9 and I'm thinking of straying from HK (Gun God's forgive me) and testing the waters. Springfield, FNP, Sig, Walther... maybe a 1911... I don't know but I was just wondering if anyone else out there mixes it up with different firearms with different manual of arms or even having your full size in a different caliber than your compact/carry gun.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I have no consistency...

:embarassed:

3. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter
    Expand Collapse
    ¤Hocker Mocker¤

'Variety is the spice of life.' :supergrin:

4. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler
    Expand Collapse

Find that all my favorite pistols have a 1911 grip angle (or very close to it).

Brand snob to none.

#4 Bob Hafler, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  5. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

All my carry guns and competition guns are glocks.

They are what I shoot the most, so I try to stay consistent, but I do have and shoot others.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

You got that right :wavey:

7. coleslaw

coleslaw
    Expand Collapse

So may I ask what kinda spices yall got?

8. SigFTW

SigFTW
    Expand Collapse

Consistency, whats that?:whistling:

I like to mix it up a bit! :tequila:

9. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

Only consistency I stick to is no safety. A work it's a Glock 22 and off it's a Sig P239. Looking at a Shield though but it's safety is optional use so close enough.

10. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

I only have one pistol, so there's no concern of consistency.

However, if I did, prudence would dictate keeping to the same platform.

Of course this would not apply to collectors. Such folks own firearms for reasons other than their being tools to be utilized.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

Well Bac has about everything that I have ever lusted after and a few I didn't know to lust after until he posted a photo of them.

More specific to your issue as a general rule during the week I carry a full size USP and usually on the weekends it is a Glock 26 and sometimes with Glock 26 in an ankle holster during the week as a secondary. Possibly because we carry with the safety off I don't seem to have difficulty making the transition.

#11 Bruce M, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  12. dnuggett

dnuggett
    Expand Collapse
    PRO 2A

Pretty decent variety overall, and even with my carry guns. I usually carry a 1911 when out and about but carry a 940 in the house. Adding an XDS to the rotation once I have enough time behind the wheel.

13. Golddog

Golddog
    Expand Collapse

Guns are for fun and aesthetics as well as practical uses, but I decided that it was wisest to train with one type so that I wouldn't fumble in an emergency. Since cocked and locked CZ 75's are easy to shoot fast and well, I dumped everything else (seven dozen S&W revolvers in various configurations and a bunch of Glocks) in favor of a CZ Rami and some full-size CZ's. A few have had trigger jobs, but the fundamental MO is the same, even on the .22 Kadet version.

14. fnfalman

fnfalman
    Expand Collapse
    Chicks Dig It

Consistency? I want consistency in my gravy. I like my guns the way I like my chicks: varied in flavors, sizes and styles.

15. ArmoryDoc

ArmoryDoc
    Expand Collapse

Firearms is my "hobby". Therefore, I have variety. If I were equiping a militia or concerned only about defense, I would keep to commonality in manual of arms. Since I'm not, I really enjoy the different platforms and features.

16. SigFTW

SigFTW
    Expand Collapse

Out of all my guns I shoot the 1911 the best. It's probably because of how well it fits and the amount of time I spent at the range. I do want to dedicate (or focus) on one, as range and carry. Even though I am a huge Sig fan I am really liking the CZ. Because of its size and capacity, 14+1, it will be my dedicated shooter :), even over my Solo. The Solo will be my dress or pocket pistol. The CZ P-01 is my everyday carry as it stands and will be my main range gun. I never thought I would say that because of my love for the Sigs.:wow:

17. ronin.45

ronin.45
    Expand Collapse

Since you only have two guns, it's easy to maintain consistency. Once you start branching out it becomes impossible. There are too many good guns out there not to experiment with different brands and styles. You may find something you like even more than your HKs.

18. scccdoc

scccdoc
    Expand Collapse

I have a G4 27 EDC,G4 22 for range and HP, and a Keltec sub2k (Glock platform) for HD and fun! 15 rd mag interchangeable with all three weapons............... DOC

19. carbuncle

carbuncle
    Expand Collapse
    is not cool.

Me either, variety is the spice of life! I love shooting all types of guns, and as of this morning I'm not in a SHTF apocalypse scenario so I feel like I can just collect according to my interests, YMMV.

20. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu
    Expand Collapse

My favorite guns vary widely...none of them say Glock. However, I carry Glocks and would certainly grab one if SHTF.