close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Conservation (DNR) officer question.

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by zizzer600, Jan 13, 2007.

1. zizzer600

zizzer600

Oct 17, 2006
    Question: Are DNR officers considered "peace officers"? Do you need to inform them of your CPL like you do with the police.

2. Adams454

Adams454

Mar 2, 2000
    Hardly working
    Every one I've ever met seems to be a little more in tune to things like that. Most of the time they talk to someone they are out in the woods alone, that means they know everyone possibly has a gun, they have no backup nearby, and they have no intention of not going home. They always ask me three questions, How ya doin? Do you have a gun? and where is the gun? Once it's secured (i.e. out of my reach or in his reach) They've all been really cool about everything else. I personally would not risk having one see a gun he didnt know about in advance. I even got a ticket one night for taking an undersized bass, while my 44spc was in his back pocket. when he was done he told me to load it back up after I got down the road, because he didnt want a person to be unarmed on his account. A street cop is different, he can tell you to back away and call backup.

3. MIch_Packer

MIch_Packer

Apr 16, 2005
    S.W. Michigan
    If you are on the Great Lakes you need to remember that Coast Guard is also LEO.

Usually, when I tell them I'm armed they just ask if I have a permit and that's the end of it.

I'm in St. Joseph and they inspect a lot of vessels so I get boarded once a year and stopped several times.