Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Concealment Holster Preference

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Cam69, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Cam69

Jun 4, 2013
    I just purchased a glock 27 gen 4. I'm looking for a comfortable holster for off duty wear. I would really appreciate input as I have never carried such a small firearm. I am open to all options. I am looking for different carry options, and most importantly what holster you find to be comfortable for long periods of time.

Thank you
  2. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    First off, welcome to the forum.
    Secondly, have you explored your carry options yet? Inside the waistband (IWB), outside (OWB), shoulder, ankle, appendix, small of back?

Personally i usually carry my G19 IWB at 3:30-4:00 in a galco kingtuk. Other IWB options are the MTAC and supertuck. Send me a message if you need some more help.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. kmpgs

May 24, 2013
    Don Hume leather makes practical, comfortable and affordable products both IWB & OWB. I own a metal clip/snap retention IWB for Glock 30.
  4. shanny161984

Mar 9, 2013
    PJ holster iwb Sherpa black hawk owb. Carry a g20 all day in either comfortably
  5. stumpjumper1

Feb 9, 2013
    I just had to make same choice about holsters. I got good food for thought here. Hope it helps.
    [ame=""]Hybrid IWB Holsters - YouTube[/ame]
  6. OMEGA5

Jun 28, 2001
    Personally, I like CrossBreed. IWB or OWB. I have a
    collection of handguns but only carry 6 or 7, depending
    on mood or mode of dress. I have a CrossBreed IWB
    for all of them and an OWB for at least 1/2. Been
    carrying on and off duty since 1969 and have a big tub
    full of holsters gathered over the years. In the last
    5 years, the only brand I've bought is CrossBreed.
    All day comfort and quality is what I look for and
    CrossBreed has both in spades. The 2 for my G31
    also fit my 19 and 31. The 2 I have for my S&W M&P
    45 also fits my M&P 40. Then I have 2 for my G36
    w/ CT LaserGuard and one for my Ruger LC9. I do not
    recommend any Kydex for the S&W Bodyguard 380.
    The Kydex is just stiff enough to activate the laser. At
    least it does on mine. I also have one in IWB for my
    wife's S&W 340 PD. That's 9 of the CrossBreed I've
    collected. I'm done with trying holster after holster.
    CrossBreed works for me and must work for a lot of
    people. When I bought my first (IWB for the G36) I
    received it in about 12 days. Last one I bought took 8
    weeks. :cool:
  7. kussor

Jul 3, 2013
    if you had a smaller, lighter pistol, you could use the best ccw rig, and that's the front pants pocket model. I use a Kydex model that I designed and made myself. It has a velcro tab that keeps the rig positioned in pockets for which it's not shaped. That feature lets me "palm" the rig and gun to and from the coat pocket and pants pocket, when bad weather requires that I wear a heavy coat. In such weather, fighting your way through both the outer coat and your ccw garments means your draw is very slow. Especially if you first have to shed a pair of gloves. Keeping my hands in my pockets means that gloves are not needed, and I have the fastest ccw draw possible, since I already have a proper firing grip on the gun.
  8. GlockBurg

Feb 11, 2013
    I love the Glocktech MIC. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373074261.537772.jpg
  9. WarDamnGlock

Jul 6, 2013
    Auburn, AL
    This is my first post, but check out Old Faithful Holsters. They are running a 20% off special until tomorrow also. Just check their facebook page. Very comfy, and affordable.
  10. tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    Glock Sport Combat Holster.
  11. Ramjet-SS

Sep 14, 2011
    N.E. Wisconsin
    I carry a model 20 or a model 21 daily in a IWB remora reinforced top daily. Very comfortable and very good retention.
  12. I've loved my IWB comp-tac "c-tac" holster, but they QUIT making it with the bigger "sweat guard" for me.
    I ordered a Crossbreed and it is huge, not cheap, and about a 6 week wait.
    I've also ordered an IWB from and it only cost $29.95 for natural color leather or $34.95 if you order it in black. It is the SAME as the Crossbreed but SMALLER and squeeks less.
    I am THRILLED.
    Check them out.
    BTW.. I've been doing IWB carry since 2003 with a full sized double stack 1911 that holds 14 +1 rounds of .45 ACP.
    Be sure to get a GOOD gun belt too. THICKNESS is important.
    I DO NOT work for alien gear either.
  13. wilmas2cool

Dec 29, 2006
    Fist #1 kydex (all day comfortable, secure, and easy reholster for about 7 years) trying out an Old Faithful hybrid (I assymbled from kit to save money) that's very good also.
  14. KentuckyPatriot

KentuckyPatriot Photojournalist

Aug 30, 2010
    I would suggest looking at your potential supplier and see what they have in the way of appendix IWB or AIWB holsters. If you are only carrying one firearm, this position easily allows for weak-hand draw if needed...most of the others (other than shoulder or ankle) place the user in an awkward position to utilize the weak hand for access.

This being said, Crossbreed or most any of the other hybrid makers will be a good choice (Theis, White Hat, and others).

Good luck and let us know what you choose! :wavey:
  15. DT@NOLA

Aug 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've converted both my CC Glocks, the 26 and 19 to the CLIPDRAW. It's great, and ambidex. I think I'll order another for the G27.
  16. Teecher45

Jan 29, 2010
    Second for Theis, great guy, and a GT member.
    I've got 2 and will be ordering another this week.
  17. Clusterfrack

Apr 26, 2012
    Pacific NW
    The 26/27 is so easy to carry IWB that I don't think it requires a big "hybrid" holster like the MTAC or Crossbreed. I carry mine at 4:00 in a Tucker Coverup

I have recently switched to AIWB carry and really like it. A G19 at 12:30 is now more comfortable and concealable than my 26 IWB at 4:00.

Safe AIWB carry of smaller guns in shorter holsters is more difficult since it's harder to make sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction during holstering.
  18. djdavis75

Jun 16, 2013
    I asked a similar question a while back, and like you, I got lots of different opinions. I only carry OWB, and I've purchased two holsters recently, I'll just give you my quick thoughts on what I've owned. I think basically there are lots of good holsters out there, just figure out how you want to carry, and go with a reputable company, and a holster that looks like something that will work for you.

My Holsters:

Jim Burke Leather OWB: Jim has passed away so these holsters are no longer available, but other companies make similar holsters. It was basically a leather pancake type holster designed to be worn in the 4-5 o'clock position. It held the gun high and tight to the body, so it concealed well. Only complaints, the leather would collapse, which made re holstering difficult sometimes. It also didn't cover the muzzle and the gun stuck out the bottom slightly. This can result in wear on your gun, and the gun getting pushed up and partially out of the holster.

Blade Tech Eclipse OWB: This holster is a similar design to the Jim Burke, but made of Kydex. It offers all the advantages of the Burke, but corrects several issues. It covers the entire gun, so no problems with the gun being pushed up in the holster when sitting. Kydex doesn't collapse, so re holstering is always the same. Finally it offers a bit of retention by grasping the front of the trigger guard, and the retention is adjustable. I really like this holster, it conceals easily under a long t-shirt.

Safariland 6378 ALS: This one is also Kydex, and comes with a paddle and belt attachment. The holster is really to big and rides to low to easily conceal under anything other than a vest, jacket, or coat. This wasn't an issue for me, because I bought it for open carry. The ALS retention system is really nice, I also put the ALS Guard on it, really secure, but quick and easy to draw from. I was looking at a Blackhawk Serpa, but saw several people recommending these over the Serpa, so I went with Safariland.

Good luck in your holster search, there are plenty of options out there. Here are several brands people seem to recommend: Don Hume, Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac, Safariland, Blackhawk, and so many more.
  19. Clusterfrack

Apr 26, 2012
    Pacific NW
    djdavis75 makes a great point about OWB carry. If that's a good option for you, I highly recommend it. When I don't care if my CCW is really 99% concealed (e.g. in the backcountry), I carry OWB in a Raven Phantom. He also pointed out that the holster should cover all of the muzzle, so your gun can't unholster itself when you sit or climb over stuff.