close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Concealed Weapons applications up 67%

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by U-phorik407, Aug 8, 2009.

1. U-phorik407

U-phorik407 'Night Michelle

Jul 10, 2009
    The Gunshine state
    Orlando Sentinel Had this in their headlines, although I think this might be a little late, considering I heard they hired more people a while back, or were at least working on it...
    Also, I was at a Political rally last night, Senator Carey Baker was there, and he stated the Concealed Weapons License holders were somewhere in the 900,000's!! That got a lot of cheers! Interesting read though, just figured I'd share. :wavey:

2. Our young, female admin in my group, a member of the Florida Young Republicans, went for training, has the paperwork ready to go, except for the fingerprints. She doesn't even own a firearm yet, but wanted her CCW just in case.

3. U-phorik407

Jul 10, 2009
    The Gunshine state
    They didn't do her FP's at the class?? Odd... I submitted my paperwork last Monday... This is going to test my patience I know lol

I'm pushing my fiance to take the class, I think everyone should take it, knowledge is power, regardless if you're going to carry or not, I think if you own a weapon, or think you may, you should take it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Jul 28, 2009
    FL CWP
    Took my class yesterday, photos done today, fingerprints tomorrow...the wait will soon begin...

-J.-

5. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    The fingerprints must be done by law enforcement - not all instructors are LE.

6. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Florida
    had the same headline today on the local paper thats a good thing, I suspect the crime rate may decline a little

7. U-phorik407

Jul 10, 2009
    The Gunshine state
    Yes, it's been almost 30 days since I submitted my paperwork... I'm getting the itch real bad now, I can't wait for it to show up... unfortunately, it might not come soon enough, as a friend of mine and I are planning a trip down to Miami, and I'd really like to have it with me then, but I guess it'll have to remain in the vehicle, or just at home.

8. Brumoon

Brumoon

Aug 26, 2009
    Central Florida
    You can save some time by getting electronic fingerprints - They are submitted to the FBI at the same time they go to the state. Can cut the wait time in half.

Not all police stations or Sheriff offices have the equipment - Call around.

9. SilverBullet_83

SilverBullet_83 NRA member

Nov 23, 2008
    Clermont, Fl
    it tokk me just under 4 months to get mine back. My wife got hers as well and she does not have a weapon as of now