close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealed Carry Permit Holdup?

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by crabpainter, Feb 5, 2008.

1. crabpainter

crabpainter

Jan 8, 2005
    KY
    How long does it usually take to get paperwork back from Frankfort?:impatient:

2. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

May 10, 2003
    Indiana
    I think this is a YMMV situation.

I cannot remember the EXACT dates, but back a few years ago when I did it, I took the class the first part of November like the 5th. I had my license in my hand I am thinking about December 16. I was very diligent with all my paper work, when I got my certificate from the class, I was in the sheriff's office the next day getting my picture and stuff.

3. I can take as long as 8 weeks. Usually it is around 5.

4. crabpainter

crabpainter

Jan 8, 2005
    KY
    It's been 4 and I've got no choice but to give it another 4 weeks. Does anyone have a point of contact for the office that handles such things in Frankfort? I used to have the name and number of a super helpful woman that actually did something with the apps. but like so many things lately.... I've lost it. Tks.

5. Berretta9

Berretta9

Feb 22, 2005
    Louisville, Ky.
    You have the certificate from when you took the class ?? That comes out of Richmond. They do get backed up, especially in the winter.

6. crabpainter

crabpainter

Jan 8, 2005
    KY
    Well that's the one thing I did manage to hang onto was the certificate. All applicable fee's and forms filed with the local's here. Just waiting on Frankfort, and waiting, and wait.