close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealed carry permit? Be ready to see your name in Star database

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by skydelta34, Feb 19, 2007.

1. skydelta34

skydelta34
    Expand Collapse

2. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Some posted on the "talk back"

Letter to the editor:

Dear robbers, thugs, gang bangers, etc. You now know I have a license to carry. You can now safely rob and or murder, with safety, those who don't. Happy hunting.

p.s. Why don't you start with the Indy Star editors etc. that brought you this database.

Yours truly,

Heavily armed Hoosier

3. sjstill

sjstill
    Expand Collapse

Didn't a paper in another state do that and get sued???

4. Geeorge

Geeorge
    Expand Collapse
    Sarcasm Inc.

Make sure and post a comment for all to see,I posted under the name Rosie Odogface:thumbsup:

5. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

Wouldn't this fall under Constitutional protection? What would be the grounds for a lawsuit?

6. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

That and public record.

I wonder who this "Pig Ugly" guy is
    (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

7. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

My point is the press does have a right to public records, under the same Constitution that allow us to own firearms.

Now the question is, how do LTCH records get closed? I would like the LTCH records to be the same as tax records--private.

ETA: I'm mad as HELL about this!! I was the victim of a robbery for the strict purpose of obtaining firearms. Allowing criminals to see every potential gun source in the paper is irresponsible, not to mention dangerous, and will lead to more crime.

To add insult to injury, I'm pissed off the Red Star wants to attack citizens from all over the state for political gain. I hope someone can humble these arrogant idiots!

8. eprn

eprn
    Expand Collapse
    defib jockey

I moved here from Ohio a couple of years ago. The Cleveland Plain Dealer has been publishing lists of Ohio CHL holders since the CCW law has been put into effect.

I thought I was getting away from this crap when I moved here.

There are people who have sued them, but as I understand it, they got nowhere. What they did do was get at least one gentleman killed because the thugs planning on robbing him found his name on the list and preemptively killed him.

After all, they argue, it's the public's right to know.

It's nothing short of harassment of people with LTCs.

You can find out more from Ohioans for Concealed Carry:

www.ohioccw.org

9. Patrick Graham

Patrick Graham
    Expand Collapse
    Footlong Jr.

Now I'm all pissed off and I won't be able to get to sleep tonight.

:yuck:

F^^K'en libtard star

10. eprn

eprn
    Expand Collapse
    defib jockey

:soap:

I'm not done yet.

What about victims of domestic violence or rape victims? If these folks get a LTC, why is the press advertising it?

Who speaks for these people? How dare they risk their lives to make some point!

If I have an LTC, it's my business and, regrettably, the state's business. Lots of things are public record, but that doesn't mean that the press needs to help the thugs out by making the information a little more readily available for them.

You know, many in Ohio advocated publishing the addresses (and phone numbers, if I recall) of the paper's management and reporters.

It's not such a bad idea...

11. IPDBrad

IPDBrad
    Expand Collapse

This paper has lost it. They are just so anti-gun that somehow I am sure they feel this does something to generate a controversey.

12. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

Does anyone know any case law where the press lost, either in IN or elsewhere? I'm interested to know what the argument would be limiting the press from this information.

Thanks!

Dan

13. MakeMineaP99

MakeMineaP99
    Expand Collapse
    Got SIG?

+1 and they're not just after Indy anymore, but the entire state. Someone needs to go on the offensive and put that paper on the defensive.

Dan (wishing I owned a newspaper)

14. trx63

trx63
    Expand Collapse

I'm glad I do not live there. it is a dam shame, because to me the whole reason behind gitting a CONSEALED permit is to do just what it says concealment. If I wanted everyone to know that I carried a would just wear it on my hip so everyone could see.

15. rhino465

rhino465
    Expand Collapse

Didn't they threaten to do this in the past, but were cowed into not doing it? Or am I thinking about a paper in another state?

In any case, it's obvious these knuckleheads are getting some "advice" from people who are not from Indiana. I think that's one reason why they either assume we have "concealed" carry "permits" or at least why that language is used.

I also note that the story about the woman who successfully defended herself from a violent home invasion on the east side Saturday night was a tiny paragraph buried in the middle of the Metro section on Monday morning. Had it gone badly for the home defender in some way, it would have been on the front page above the fold.

16. blue303

blue303
    Expand Collapse

This really ticks me off. I saw that yesterday morning and I'm just as mad now as I was then. I did post a reply back on their website. It is from annoyed reader.

What can we do to stop this?

17. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze

Stop buying it and tell everyone you know what they did and try to get them to stop as well.

I have not paid for a single Red Star in my life. They give them out for free at Ivy Tech. I know I will be telling my buddy at work (who has a LTC) that he needs to cancel his subscription and let them know why.

e-mail, write, cancel subscriptions and let them know how much they F-ed up.

18. JByer323

JByer323
    Expand Collapse
    Is it dead?

****ing Star.

19. minuteman32

minuteman32
    Expand Collapse
    NRA & GOA Life

Let's have an open carry protest, complete w/ signs & banners, @ the Star! They might freak out if a couple hundred armed citizens were parading around their entrance.

20. KSFreeman

KSFreeman
    Expand Collapse
    Broken Member

Look, what is the feasibility of returning the favor? Can we publish the names and addresses of all Star editors and reporters?

Make a website. Buy an ad in the Star. Print up flyers. Hand them out downtown Indianapolis. Anyone else want to fight them?