close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Concealed carry holster

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by agentrod, Aug 23, 2004.

1. agentrod

agentrod

Jan 12, 2004
    What concealed carry holster would you guys recommend (shoulder, waist,etc). What brand? What should I look for in a good holster?

I usually wear jeans and a T, what I currently use is a gun-belt-bag from final option but I want something more discrete. Something comfortable to wear for the whole day at the jobsite.

My pistol is a TaurusPT911 (9mm high cap, 4 inch barrel).

Thanks.

2. mhpoole

mhpoole

Dec 15, 2002
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Milt Sparks VMII, expensive but you get what you pay for.

3. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    rod,

go to "uncle" tony giron, his shop is in marikina, right after loyola. from qc its on your left side, across it is a branch of CA Roque. closed on sundays. i'd be dropping by at his place soon to have one made. :)

4. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Agree with 9MX. Or you can get the cheaper Uncle mIke's IWB holster at Twin Pines.

5. julianz

julianz toxic master

Sep 24, 2003
    sand castle
    ito sana for me http://www.comp-tac.com/ ( click C.T.A.C)dont know if its available in PI otherwise have it made for you locally go wit 9mx's suggestion.

6. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    It's not just the holster you should consider but the belt you intend to use it with. No matter how nicely constructed the holster is, if the belt is flimsy, it won't work well.

Your holster should allow full firing grip, covers the trigger guard, and allows one-handed reholstering (meaning it won't collapse close).

Your belt should fit snug with the belt loop of your jeans to minimize play.

Check these sites out:

www.thewilderness.com for belts

www.orcacustom.com for IWB Bodyguard holsters

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    or you can have one made in marikina also, there is lordman and uncle tony ulit. magkatabi lang yan. i bought a thick belt from lordman two mos. ago for P250.00 only

8. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    The belts you can get here. I haven't seen a locally made IWB holster that's good enough. So i suggest you get a IWB holster from Comptac. The Gurkha model can easily conceal a G17 under a shirt. Order from them direct, www.comp-tac.com .

9. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Agentrod, I suggest you get new pants instead. The dockers by Levi's are very good for casual wear. They also have generous pockets for that small PT911. No need for a concealed-carry holster. hehehe ;);f

10. agentrod

agentrod

Jan 12, 2004
    Wow thanks for the info guys. Didn't know there were a lot of designs out there for IWB. Looks like that is THE way to carry.

9MX,
    think i will drop by those shops in Marikina.

Julianz, Batangueno
    Nice holster designs from comp-tac, do they ship to the Phils direct?

Alexii, mc_oliver
    Think I got new reasons to buy a new set of trousers and belt/s.
    ;)

Keep those replies coming...thanks

11. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Yes, hindi naman bawal 'yan eh. :)

12. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Is there a parking space in front of Uncle Tony's shop? If not, where can you recommend that I leave my car while I go to the shop?

mc_o, I think you're referring to the PT111 (Taurus Millennium). While the PT911 is a compact, I don't think its small enough to fit inside a pants pocket. I could be wrong though... must buy new wardrobe.

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    you can park on the street leading to loyola memorial park, right infront of those selling flowers. just act as if you're from marikina;)

14. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    Text niyo muna. Here's his cellphone number
    Tony Giron (927) 291-9760

15. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Jeezz, you're right. Mahina na talaga mata ko. Now you know why I'm loving the dot sight. ;f;f

16. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    The site doesn't want to open. Are you sure about the URL?

17. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    Guys, I found this over at Kramer website. This might interest those who prefer leather holsters. Then again, it's a moot point if one uses a Glock.;)

What type of tanning is used in your leather?

KRAMER horsehide holsters are made with Bark tanned horsehide. Our cowhide holsters use vegetable tanned leather. The advantages of these tannages is that they provide a leather that will not cause your weapon to rust or corrode the way chrome tanned leather can do when the gun is left in it for extended periods of time. Chrome tanned leather is loaded with salts and chemicals that can destroy the finish on your gun. Want to know if a piece of leather is tanned using the chrome process? Simply cut a splinter size silver of leather and hold a flame to it. If the resultant fire has a greenish flame, the leather has been tanned using a chrome process.

18. Saruman

Saruman I carry a GLOCK

Dec 9, 2002
    Middle Earth
    i use a galco stealth IWB for my G27.. but you can try the kydex IWB like RM holsters..

[​IMG]

here is a pic of tuckable holster..

[​IMG]

19. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    HEHEHEHEHE.
    THat's a bogus one. Baka pag tinanong mo si Tony kung may website na siya ang isagot sayo, " Pakita mo sakin ang catalog, igagawa kita".;f

Guys, kung mapadaan kayo kay Tony paki tanong kung may pattern na siya for XD.

vega