Concealed Carry Clothing

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Jade Falcon, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Hi folks,

I'm short on clothing, and I figured I want to try my hand at some of the clothing out there specifically designed for daily casual concealed carry.

I'm looking for botton-down shirts that will go good with jeans and khackis. I've already got enough pants/jeans/shorts, so I'm mainly looking for shirts. I'm open to all types, not just botton-down.

I'm 5'6" tall, 200 lbs., and my daily carry is a G22 in a OWB holster from Tagua Gunleather. I also carry a light, pepperspray, and my cellphone on my belt, so I need shirts that are WIDE; not so much long.

Thanks for all of your help!

EDIT: I would prefer not to look like I just came from a BlackWater Campaign, nor am I going to a Shooting School anytime soon, so no tactical-wear please, if possible.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Jade Falcon, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Concealed Carry Texas Carry Issues Yesterday at 8:01 PM
    Concealed carry question General Glocking Sep 15, 2015
    U.S.S. Alabama Concealed Carry Carry Issues Sep 14, 2015
    The Staggering Safety of Living With Concealed Carry Holders Among Us Gun-Control Issues Sep 10, 2015
    GUN CONTROL GROUP: call police anytime you see open carry or concealed Political Issues Sep 2, 2015

3. sa227driver

sa227driver Trophy Husband

I get the Target brand sport wear polos. The ones that have a "G" for the logo. They cost about $10 and come in multiple solid colors. I buy them one size bigger and they conceal my IWB carry gun very well.

I also alternate with the 5.11 'Covert Casual' button down shirts and Bass Pro's 'Red Head' branded button down shirts. Both are wider in the sides and I think would accommodate what you're trying to do.

4. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

Check out Duluth Trading Co. They have an ad on this site and must be a sponsor. The shirts are the main thing. Extra long for covering "plumber's crack" (their words...) but the longer tails of button down and T-shirts lend themselves to CC also.
  5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

6. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

All I do is purchase better-than-average quality shirts, usually in one size too large, and leave them unbloused at the waist. Colorful patterned shirts seem to work unusually well. I do the same thing with my jackets; they're mostly one size too large.

In my opinion the best way to conceal a pistol is to simply smile a lot and pretend that you're unarmed! In and of itself, a helpful, somewhat expressive, and easy-going attitude is generally disarming and easy for the other guy to dismiss as non-threatening. (Which is good!) :supergrin:
  7. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

+1 on Duluth Trading Co.

Ive got a couple shirts and 2 pairs of jeans from them. Tough stuff. A little warm during the summer months but its real good quality. Ive got one of their Tshirts and when i carry OWB (which i rarely do but still) it disappears.
    hope that helps :)
  8. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember

Fortunately button down shirts untucked is really common in my area. The trickiest part for me is finding shirts that are flat on the bottom, like a hawaiian shirt. I've had a few "tall" sizes with longer tails in the front and back than the sides and had them tailored to a flat bottom. Just another option.
  9. Duluth Trading Company

10. Short Cut

They make Carhartt shirts look reasonably priced. :wow:
  11. They also outlast anything I've ever used.
    I crawl through attics and under trailers for a living. All day every day.
    Never used any other brand that can take the beating.
    I'd simply rather pay a few bucks more up front than keep nickle and diming myself and never being happy with the product.
    Their flex firehouse workpants are the absolute cat's pajamas for work and for everyday carry.
    We all have our price points. I like the quality and toughness of the DTC product.

12. Short Cut

Thanks for the follow up, Dan. More expensive for something that holds up well ain't so bad and its really nice to have a first hand review of something before buying. :patriot:
  13. 'Cut,
    money is really tight around here, just like everywhere else.
    I tried the Wrangler cargo pants route at $17 or $18 a hit. Three pairs and I can stain 'em and tear 'em in the first few days.
    Bit the bullet and purchased a pair of the DTC Ultimate Work Pants. I can literally wear these things for six work days, and they look like I just pulled them outta the closet by the last day. Unreal tough and stain resistant. Little hot for Florida attics, but its worth the trade.
    Based on that, I grabbed a pair of the flex firehose workpants for knocking around and casual wear. Not tactical looking, but got more pockets than I got stuff to put in 'em. And with just a touch of the stretch material (something like a 1% spandex weave), carring aiwb is cake. I'm gonna get a pair or two for the summer wear since they are lighter than the Ultimates.
    Like I said, we all need to evaluate our price points and a products worth. If I could get by with the cheaper route, I would. But in the long run, at least in this case, "buy once, cry once" is the order of the day.
    Hope this helps.

14. To the op regarding 'wide not long'.
    The DTC shirts have what they call "trademan's cut".
    Pretty much a block cut from pits to tail. Not a tailored, or v-cut. The shirts won't show off your athletic build, but will keep owb gear covered well.

15. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Well, a tuck-in shirt is out of the question.
  16. Bruce M

17. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

18. Short Cut

#17 Short Cut, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  19. This forum is a wealth of info.
  20. Do a search for "camp"shirts. They are the short sleeve button down shirts designed to be left untucked. My summer attire.

Good luck
  21. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions! I'll check out Duluth.