close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Concealed carriers generally wear holsters,why?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by barstoolguru, May 9, 2011.

1. DMF

DMF P33

Jan 19, 2003
    Nomad
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, anyone who assumes that carrying in a holster automatically means the person is a "good guy" is a fool.

While the majority of crooks don't use holsters, a sizeable minority do. Just like most crooks will carry any gun they can get their hands on, while some crooks are very picky in their gun selection.

Anyone, cop or not, who assumes a person is not a criminal simply because that person uses a holster is an ignorant fool. I've arrested enough crooks with holsters to know better.

2. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    I don't think anyone is advocating that. It's simply one clue or piece of the puzzle for the officer to consider.

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Because they are neither ignorant enough nor apathetic enough to carry without a proper holster. Mexican or other carry without an actual holster says a lot about the person doing it.

4. FireGuy

FireGuy Into The Breach CLM

May 20, 2002
    Hiding In The Rockies
    I don't think we should not encourage the use of holsters by the criminal class. Like holding a gun sideways, the consequences are to our advantage.

5. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent Rude Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Unless their gats got this mod.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  6. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    I don't get it. Can you explain it to me.

7. BailRecoveryAgent

Aug 2, 2010
    :faint:Either you're joking, or you've never seen a gangsta movie or a rap video where the gangbangers hold the gun sideways.

8. Aeroscoper

Aeroscoper

Sep 26, 2006
    NC

This.

9. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe

Jan 30, 2011
    Oak Run Ca.
    There are Racist undertones with that add & it's implications & company name and these things do not resonate with Middle left posters ...:rofl:

10. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Jul 15, 2010
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    Concealed carriers generally wear holsters,why?

Not necessarly in order of importance:
    1. I am legally carrying.
    2. I paid good money for my Glock.
    3. It is safer.
    4. I have no intention of having to throw my weapon away if confronted by an officer.
    5. Because it is just plain stupid not to wear a holster.
    6. I usually need a belt to hold my pants up, so why not hang a holster on it.

11. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    This. I took a school once on spotting concealed carry in the criminal element and it was pointed out at the school that felons don't want to get caught with a holster, it makes too many questions. the gun by itself is much easier to ditch.

12. Toorop

Toorop

Apr 28, 2010
    The Midwest.
    So you admit it is racist? Why would we tolerate it in our modern society unless we are racists?

13. Seraph

Seraph

Feb 21, 2009
    TN, USA
    I guess I should think of another name for my Homeboy Nyte Sytes compatible holster, which I was thinking of calling the Gat Hodah. :upeyes:

14. BailRecoveryAgent

Aug 2, 2010
    [​IMG]

15. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Seraph
    Nope he's our resident Obamatron! He'll through the RACE card at any thing that an Obamatron doesn't like! He's been trained well!:rofl:

Toorop
    Got a link to ANY rap video where they wore a holster and didn't shoot the Gat sideways? I'll wait.:whistling: Got any video of thugs on the street wearing a holster or during a gangtsta shoot out where they were not holding the gun side ways?:faint:

Last edited: May 12, 2011