close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Concealable OWB Kydex holster with good retention and concealment?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Sippo, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

GTer's: I value your collective opinions and experience. I’m looking for a concealable Kydex OWB holster to carry Glock 19 and 26. I prefer a straight drop carry for my firearm in the 3-3:30 position.
    I'd appreciate actual personal experience. Firearm stability (another words, I don't want the pistol to become dislodged from the holster) and concealment are my primary concerns.

Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. wallacefan

wallacefan
    Expand Collapse

safariland has two quick release levers actually locks the gun in place
    very easy to use!! use it with belt loop or paddle

3. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo
    Expand Collapse
    USN Retired

The Glock Sport Combat Holster
    [​IMG]

$12 free shipping at B0t@ch

At that price, everyone should have one,anyway.

It fits your criteria and its the only OWB I use for CCW.
    Sure, its ugly, but its concealed, who cares? :wavey:

#3 pizza_pablo, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  4. Jfduece

Jfduece
    Expand Collapse

I have this too, but will never use it. If you want retention, this is the one! In my experience it is impossible to draw single handed and still takes significant effort with two hands. I got it because it is so low risk due to the price. Give it a try if you like. As far as concealability it is probably as good as any of the expensive kydex options. Based on all the horror stories about b0t@ch tactical, i would order elsewhere. I got mine from opticsplanet.

I will be ordering a raven phantom very soon. the wait times are horrendous but the reviews are pretty damn good.

#4 Jfduece, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  5. Jfduece

Jfduece
    Expand Collapse

Hmm...automatically goes to the stars when i post

have to use alternate spelling - b0t@ch, whats the deal?

6. LuckyG

LuckyG
    Expand Collapse

Blade-Tech SRB (Sting Ray Belt) holster. I have two: one for my G34 and one for my Sig P226R. The G34 is for range and I carry the P226. I bought the holster for the P226 to use while I was waiting several months for my Milt Sparks leather. If you like Kydex, it is suitable for EDC and it is IDPA approved.

The holster has several very functional adjustments: (a) Cant can be adjusted for straight drop or "FBI" cant. (b) Belt loop is adjustable for different size belts. (c) Tension adjustment screw.

Unlike a lot of the other Kydex, it is meant to carry close to the body, rather than a competition style standoff. Besides Blade-Tech directly, check around because some suppliers discount.
    Link: http://www.blade-tech.com/SRB-Sting-Ray-Belt-Holster-IDPA-Approved-pr-939.html

7. SCSU74

SCSU74
    Expand Collapse
    St. Cloud Proud

Dsg arms alpha holster

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. tinman517

tinman517
    Expand Collapse

For a simple holster, which I use for IDPA sometimes, the standard kydex belt holster from Comptac is good.

9. the monk

the monk
    Expand Collapse

10. fowler

fowler
    Expand Collapse

Alabama holster company ,nice products

11. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo
    Expand Collapse
    USN Retired

We have not had this problem with my GSC holster, or the wife's. I have heard others with this issue. Some have fixed it with silicone spray, while others have used the .45/10mm version for 9mm/.40/357 pistols.

12. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

Thanks guys. Any of you have personal experience with these holsters. I'm especially concerned about the pistol coming out of the holster during "maneuvers"

13. Ware

Ware
    Expand Collapse

Raven.

14. the monk

the monk
    Expand Collapse

I have personal experience with the Raven. No issues with retention. Check out this vid and you will see him about halfway through, show the retention (around minute 3) - http://youtu.be/ZplHQWW-UEM

15. hankthetank

hankthetank
    Expand Collapse

How about the Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster. I have one for my G19 and i love it. My personal opinion with OWB holster though is you always need to wear a cover garment and on hot days I think one shirt is enough.

16. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo
    Expand Collapse
    USN Retired

I've put a loaded pistol in the GSC holster, while not on a belt and turned it upside down and shook it without the gun falling. While wearing, I have jumped, shook and run without the gun falling.

17. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo
    Expand Collapse
    USN Retired

I have on ethat I use w/o the paddle and put it straight on the belt.
    I have a hard time concealing this one on my 5'8" / 165lb frame, because it sets so far off to the side.
    It is a good holster and I like the retention button.

18. hankthetank

hankthetank
    Expand Collapse

I find it very comfortable...I wish i could wear it every day.

19. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill
    Expand Collapse

+1. This setup is hard to beat. Retention is excellent and I've never had a difficult time with the draw, however wiping the interior with some armor-all or similar slicks things up just fine. The Glock holster is the most concealable OWB holster I have found, even more so than the Raven, which are outstanding holsters (I use Ravens in the winter for my G26s and a light compatible Raven neutral with cut body shield option for my G17 with X300). The only thing I don't like about the Glock holster is that it is open ended, while the Ravens are more closed - I just have to be more careful taking keys and such out of my pockets as I carry just fore of the hips on both sides. The Glock mag pouches are outstanding as well and for all the same reasons.

20. AH.74

AH.74
    Expand Collapse

I have an OWB (in addition to a couple of IWB's) for my G26 from coachg whose ads you can find in the classifieds.

Excellent retention and quality, simple and lightweight, and low cost in comparison to others. Quick turnaround as well as top-notch service.

It conceals as well as any other OWB holster I have.