close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conceal carry

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ted1, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReyFufuRulesAll

ReyFufuRulesAll Pantless Wonder

Oct 30, 2006
    Crappleton, Wisconsin
    wrong. Whoever said that has obviously never read the WI constitution regarding that issue. Prior to our CCW law, open carry was legal, and even CC could have been argued as legal. The wording of the law went something like this:

A person mat not carry concealed unless his or her need to "excersize his/her second amendment rights" outweighed the state's "interest in enforcing the concealed weapons statute".

It went on to state that:

"... There are two places in which a citizen's desire to exercise the right to keep and bear arms for the purposes of security is at its apex: in the citizen's home or in his or her privately owned business. It logically and necessarily follows that the individual's intererest in the right to keep and bear arms for the purposes of security will not, as a general matter, be particularily strong outside these two locations. An individual generally has no heitemed interest in his or her right to bear arms for security while in a vehicle"

So basically, you could not carry concealed unless you were actively being attacked. Then it was acceptable.

As I stated before, though, there was absolutely no law banning open carry, so long as you were a certain distance from the road.

Can't believe I remember all that.:faint:

2. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    As the old saying goes..."I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6." His actions have had no impact on my decision to carry a firearm. If someone is attacking me and I feel justified, I will defend myself with my firearm...period.

3. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Apr 21, 2011
    Texas
    Texas law provides for many scenarios where use of my weapon might be justified. However, in many cases, one must endure the circus Mr. Zimmerman is currently experiencing.

I prefer to reserve the use of my weapon for instance that preserve my own life and those of my family and loved ones. I have promised myself that my weapon will never be used in protection of mine or anyone else's property.

My CHL instructor imparted the knowledge that for each round you fire as a CHL holder, expect to pay $50K in legal fees ...so act accordingly.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

As of a few years ago, just try it! :upeyes:

Unless of course you were way out in the boondocks, where nobody cares... :whistling:

Our previous Libtard Governor used to smile and use that "open carry provision" to shoot down any move towards concealed carry, knowing full well what would happen in the real world... It was just another underhanded Libtard maneuver... :steamed:

Man sues West Allis over gun open-carry arrest

A judge acquitted Brad Krause of disorderly conduct after his arrest for carrying gun in his yard

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/101340644.html

It was routinely (but perhaps, erroneously) reported that pointing a loaded weapon at anyone in WI, was a felony... And it was also illegal to transport a loaded weapon in your vehicle, which makes it sort of useless, you know? :dunno:

At any rate, thanks for the input! :thumbsup

--Ray

P.S. When Governor Doyle(L-D) shot down CC in 2006, despite its easily winning the popular vote, he declared in true Libtard fashion, "How does this help our children?" :puking:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  5. Adams454

Adams454

Mar 2, 2000
    Hardly working
    i've been getting really lazy about carrying over the last year. Even to the point of not carrying most days. If this case has done anything for me, as an average white guy, it's made me carry more. Just on the off chance that someone wants to retaliate for Trayvon by attacking me. Mob mentality is a dangerous thing. And I hope I never get picked to be the victim of it.

6. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Long Beach California.
    You repost a thread that was already closed?

7. ubimow

ubimow

May 13, 2002
    It hasn't affected me at all because I don't make it a habit of confronting random strangers walking through my neighborhood and starting **** with them.

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Doesn't bother me any:supergrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.