close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Conceal carry

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ted1, Apr 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    How.many are now nervous about carrying there weapon now that we are all watching zimmerman get raked over the coals? I posted this before but somehow it got closed locked or something.

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Zimmerman's *********gery and abject irresponsibility have no effect on my choice to carry. HH

3. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I carry when I want to. NEVER feel bad about it.

4. Philippe

Philippe

Jan 26, 2011
    STL
  5. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    not affecting my decision to carry at all. I Honestly cant think of a time yet where its made me question carrying.

6. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Not in the least.

The best lesson to learn here is to MYOB. If it doesn't affect you and you aren't under attack, Mind Your Own Business because it ain't your problem.

7. blackknight77

blackknight77

Mar 25, 2012
    His problem has no bearing on me exercising my right to carry

8. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    Same thoughts here. Doesn't affect me at all. He becomes a learning tool regarding how to mind your own business. My CCW is for those moments when I need to defend myself due to no fault of my own.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  9. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    No, not at all.

10. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    as long as i use common sense, obey the CHL laws and also follow my department's firearms rules, i'm ok.

11. FPS

FPS

Jul 15, 2005
    CT
    not me.

IBTL.

12. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    A friend of mine just took a CCW course for Wisconsin (thank you Conservative-Republican Governor Scott Walker!), and he emailed me about it...

He was told that if he used his weapon in a self-defense situation, in all likelihood, he should be prepared to spend about 50-K in his personal defense—and he’d better be found to be in the right!

Defense within your own home will be a little easier, but you'll still need a lawyer...

For those not familiar with Wisconsin, this is the first time we've had a Concealed Carry provision or a Castle Doctrine provision in state law... Prior to this, it was a felony to point a loaded firearm at anybody—even your attacker!

Also for those not familiar, our Libtards are hell-bent on recalling Governor Scott Walker(C-R) for doing just what he campaigned to do—turned a billion dollar deficit into a surplus, and passed Concealed Carry. The GAB's (Government Accountability Board's) indifference to signatures such as Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, and Adolph Hitler on the recall petitions made national news. I personally saw one petitioner relieved by a man with Illinois plates on his car.

--Ray

13. RottnJP

RottnJP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    CT
    Let me see if I've got this right... In that wake of a guy getting his head beaten against the pavement, do I think I should CCW *less*?

Um...

Not so much.

What I *have* learned from it is to make sure I have enough reloads to handle a black pampers posse.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  14. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    Well I will always carry when legal. But a word of advice if you don't have insurance for an attorney like I do you better get it. I pay $30 per month in one year I am fully covered for up to 400 hours of representation. I think its a good idea to have this if you are going to carry.

15. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Where did you find that kind of insurance? With some insurance company, or some pro gun organization? Are you sure it's legitimate? What are the exclusions?

Just curious.

16. ted1

ted1

Apr 2, 2012
    I will have to get the paperwork out of my files at home its been awhile since I looked at them since thank goodness I have not needed it yet. I got hooked up with it when I took my Chl class this type of insurance is not unusual my wife has something similar through the school where she teaches. But what she has will not cover a criminal matter I will get the info and post it or get it to you ASAP.

17. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005

Yes, please do post it!

And somebody, please bump this thread so that others see it!

If it turns out to be readily available to most, maybe Eric can make the link a sticky! :thumbsup:

--Ray

P.S. Mark Levin's discussing the do's and don'ts of CC with a guest right now...

18. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Oct 25, 2008
    Not I. I know the laws well, I have an amazing lawyer on yearly retainer whose card I keep in my wallet next to my CHL. If I ever do have to shoot someone, I'm EXPECTING to be charged and to have this kind of a media circus. I will have used my gun only to defend my life, and it's better to deal with all the BS and media circus and face a murder charge than it is to be dead.

19. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

Aug 21, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Nope.

Regardless of what the outcome of the trial is... Just my personal experience, but "neighborhood watch boss" types I've dealt with rarely seem to operate with their noodle on full-power. I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've know them to be of the... shall we say... "Mall Ninja"/cop-wannabe variety? Busy-bodies at best.

I don't scout around my neighborhood, looking for "suspicious types". If they're headed for my front door, they're in for a rough evening. If they're not, I don't give a damn. I avoid areas I know are bad. I don't look for trouble.

That said, I carry everywhere, every day.

If I have to use my gun, it will be because somebody is being a direct threat to me or mine. It will likely be in a public place(plenty of witnesses), or in my home. I live in Texas, my home is my castle.

Will this 100% protect me from an itchy DA? Of course not. But any whack job that would randomly choose to attack me would likely be; A) On drugs. B) A career criminal. C) Both.

I have a clean, clear record. I have friends in both SAPD & Converse PD that would gladly back me up.

All these things, plus having a lawyer on retainer. I have no problem strapping on my pistol each morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.