close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Computer will not boot

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by darin2, Dec 7, 2005.

1. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    I have an older Gateway laptop low end P4 running XP home. The computer will not boot into windows. It gets to the XP startup screen, flashes a quick blue screen that I cannot read, and then reboots. I have tried all the safe mode boot options and it does the same thing. I dont have the original restore cd. I put a XP home cd into it and tried the repair, but it couldnt recognize a partition. I know the partition is fine due to it trying to boot XP, and that may be some type of Gateway thing. Any help or ideas are appreciated. I dont know much else to do except pull off the needed files and reinstall??

Darin

2. Delta

Delta ThExtremeMember

Mar 17, 2002
    North Texas
    You are missing an INI. file I would bet.

Contact gateway and ask them what file would cause the problem, I bet they will know.

If not load the Home XP over what you have now.

3. Bronson7

Bronson7

May 19, 2002
    Murray,Kentucky
    Hey Darin, if you have access to a digital camcorder or a digital camera that takes small film clips, try photgraphing it and then isolate the frame with the blue screen. Sounds unorthodox I know, but I was just reading where a guy did just that and he was able to read his blue screen.
    Bronson7

4. darin2

darin2

Apr 14, 2001
    Georgia
    I contacted Gateway and they hooked me up with a gateway software utility that was bootable. It repaired the hard drive and its working fine now. Thanks.