close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Computer will not boot

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by darin2, Dec 7, 2005.

1. darin2

darin2
    Expand Collapse

I have an older Gateway laptop low end P4 running XP home. The computer will not boot into windows. It gets to the XP startup screen, flashes a quick blue screen that I cannot read, and then reboots. I have tried all the safe mode boot options and it does the same thing. I dont have the original restore cd. I put a XP home cd into it and tried the repair, but it couldnt recognize a partition. I know the partition is fine due to it trying to boot XP, and that may be some type of Gateway thing. Any help or ideas are appreciated. I dont know much else to do except pull off the needed files and reinstall??

Darin

2. Delta

Delta
    Expand Collapse
    ThExtremeMember

You are missing an INI. file I would bet.

Contact gateway and ask them what file would cause the problem, I bet they will know.

If not load the Home XP over what you have now.

3. Bronson7

Bronson7
    Expand Collapse

Hey Darin, if you have access to a digital camcorder or a digital camera that takes small film clips, try photgraphing it and then isolate the frame with the blue screen. Sounds unorthodox I know, but I was just reading where a guy did just that and he was able to read his blue screen.
    Bronson7

4. darin2

darin2
    Expand Collapse

I contacted Gateway and they hooked me up with a gateway software utility that was bootable. It repaired the hard drive and its working fine now. Thanks.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows