close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Computer keeps crashing on startup and then trying to start again, over and over...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by TED, Sep 10, 2008.

1. TED

TED Millennium Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    I had scheduled a disk error check for my friend's computer. So he starts it up and the disk error check is in progress and past the cancel point. So he is like how long is this goin to take and I said an hour. Then he's all like I need to use this thing now, I ain't wait'n for no hour. So he presses and holds the power button and manually force the computer off during the disk error check.

Now the thing is all FUBAR'ed and keeps on crashing during startup and then trying to retart itself over and over.

What to do? Besides get different friends who are more patient.

TED

2. betyourlife

betyourlife on a GLOCK

May 10, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Nothing, let the *^%*(&% deal with it himself.

3. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    Boot into safe mode and chkdsk it. If it comes back with unrecoverable errors that's what he gets.

4. TED

TED Millennium Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    It will not even start up in safe mode.

TED

5. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    Use a hammer on it maybe?

:supergrin:

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Time to reinstall I'd say. Hope he either has the disks, or you can boot the recovery partition.

7. srhoades

srhoades

Jul 14, 2000
    I said safe mode but I ment recovery console. Boot of the windows disc and go into repair.

8. TED

TED Millennium Member

Jun 2, 1999
    Anchorage, AK, USA
    srhodes, thank you very much that solved it and everything is alright. He and I both learned something important and useful (yet seemingly obvious) from this...DO NOT force the computer off in the middle of a disk error check!!!!

Again, thank you all for your kind assistance. I am truly retarded when it comes to computers, and my friend is even worse. I truly apprecaite the help.

Thanks srhodes.

TED