close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Complaint Solicitation from Supervisors

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by 361cop, Aug 11, 2011.

1. 361cop

361cop

Jul 5, 2007
    Lone Star State
    Does anyone have a supervisor that on occassion goes on solicitation of complaints from your co-workers?

I'm talking about nobody has a problem with you until the supervisor, ie sgt, lt, capt. goes out to find something wrong or meaningless just because they want to get a feel on how everything is going.

In my eyes that is noway to treat a fellow co-worker, its like a huge stab in the back.

Why do some do that? Shows a lack of integrity, ethics, leadership, and many other things.

There are complain processes for a reason, but this is no way to handle something that is not there.

2. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    could be that OR lazy supervisors afraid to address a problem so it starts higher in the chain..I have seen both..

3. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
  4. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

Oct 30, 2009
    At one point we had a department policy in place that actually had a supervisor randomly call persons our officer(s) made contact with and ask such questions as: Did the officer make you feel uncomfortable; was the officer polite and courteous; what was the officers attitude like? This "feedback" was then used to determine the officers performance which in turn determined raises in pay and/or promotion. ie: That officer that just wrote you up, do you think that was fair? Really objective huh! This was during the middle '90s and is no longer being done.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011