close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

competition report: new g4 g17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sentian, Jun 18, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentian

sentian

went to an ipsc competition a while ago, and my glock had only about 400 hundred rounds through it. Speed wise, i was only a few seconds behind the grandmaster and his customized cz shadow. Grouping wise, i was more accurate (more A zone hits vs C zones)! But that is just ipsc symantecs.

I used 4.2 grains of universal, cci SR primers, 124 grain tmj bullets, that produced 134 powerfactor.

# of jams/fte/ftf: ZERO
    # of brass to the head: ZERO
    % of satisfaction: 100% !!!

2. bac1023

bac1023

Very glad to hear

Congrats! :cool:

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

So was that on one short stage?
    So you're a GM in USPSA too?
    What is your USPSA number? I can look up your classification that way.

Because you do NOT finish just a few seconds behind a GM unless you're a GM or strong M yourself.

So let's see your USPSA # or a link to these "results".
    Here's mine:
    A71357

I'm only a 'B'.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. bam1131

bam1131

Hey man, just let the guy be. If he is telling the truth or lying how is it hurting you in any way? You would be a much happier person if you just left some of these things alone instead of attacking a person on the internet.

6. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I compete in USPSA, and don't like poseurs bragging about stuff that's not real. If this guy posts a link that shows he did indeed finish "a few seconds behind a Grand Master", then I will apologize profusely.

I've been steady at this for over a year (after doing other stuff for a few years)... and *nobody* finishes that close to a GM unless they're a GM or M. A GM is a serious shooter indeed, saying you finish close to him is an insult to him and the sport itself if in fact you didn't.

And I'm plenty happy. Happy every day.

Ron
    - busting poseur's bubbles since before the internet

8. 257 roberts

257 roberts

shouldn't post something you can't back-up BUT this the internet!

9. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

I too finish a few seconds behind the GM's at every match I shoot. Typically about 90 seconds behind them (on a 20 sec stage that is). :tongueout:

Cy "Dave Sevigny Wanna B" Soto - A61086

10. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

You're a higher B than me. I see you've been shooting since 2008. Knowing just how hard this is... and knowing while 'B' is good but SO far from GM... does it "bother" you to think someone is claiming skills that aren't there?

Usually I don't care if somebody is b.s.ing.

It does chap me in this case, assuming my suspicions are correct.

11. Fragman

Fragman

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't interpret the post as a few seconds behind the GM overall. I assumed that it was a few seconds per stage, based on the general context of the post.

How many seconds a 'few' is, I would say more than 5, less than 10.

But thats just how I read it. Could be wrong.

I didn't see it as bragging, just someone stoked about shooting his Glock and feeling like he did OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Somebody might finish close on one short stage. To have done that and not been more clear is deceptive.

Even assuming what you said... being 8 behind every stage on a 6 stage match is 48 seconds ... not a few.

Be proud of your gun. Don't exaggerate what u did.. it is a slap in the face to those of us who work so hard and still a long way from GM.

13. cysoto

cysoto Gone Shooting!

I must admit that I find such claims funny but I cannot say that they bothers me too much. I have seen a lot of newer shooters with big egos but, at the end of the day, their scores tell the whole story.

14. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I'm glad the OP likes his g4 17. That's mainly what I think he was talking about. I love my g4 17 for IDPA.

A "few seconds" can pretty much mean anything. So objectively, he's telling you he was behind the top shooters. Even if his time was hours longer, he's still telling the truth.

You never know, some people are just better, sometimes a lot better. You never know who is on GT. He is under no obligation to identify himself. Other than claiming a medal of honor, people are free to ignore requests to "prove it" :)

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I loved my G17, loved my G34 even more.

Doesn't mean I need to fib about how well I did with it.

16. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

Very true. On a 32 FC, a "b: shooter may shoot it in 22 seconds. The GM may shoot it in 16 seconds. Only a few seconds behind, right? That is still over 27% slower.

17. bam1131

bam1131

I think we all just need to let this go. If he is lying then he has to answer to himself and God. But, if he is telling the truth he certainly doesn't have to prove it to anyone. Especially someone on an internet forum. He's just excited about his 17 just like I was when I got my 17. We don't want to push people away from the forum, especially if/when they need help in the future.

18. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I know, but you might be proud of that one stage where you did really well, and top shooters did bad, and you were just a little behind them.

That glory will stick with you. You'll tell that story over and over.

If I hear you at the gun club, I'll make a note, and then watch for you at the range. Then I'll know, either way.

Was shooting with a guy this weekend. He made some comments about accuracy and how his new gun was accurate because of X,Y,Z features it had, implying to me we should expect him to show us how it was done.

Well, of course he gets up there and "miss", "miss", "miss". I chuckled to myself, but I wasn't surprised. I didn't call him out on it. I just went up to the line and made my hits.

Yes, I know some other guns are supposed to be more accurate than a Glock, but it doesn't always work out that way when in someone's hands :rofl:

19. oldman11

oldman11

I'm with "bab1131". "Sentien" doesn't have to prove it to you "ron59". He only needs to prove it to ipsc and to himself. I think "sentien" did a lot better than he thought he would and he is excited about it. Don't be such a downer "ron59".

20. Shadyscott69

Shadyscott69

Oh, don't get me wrong. I really don't care if he is the best or worst shooter in the world. I was just expounding on what Ron posted.

I regularly get beat like a red headed step child in USPSA. It's all good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.