close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

compensator question ??????

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lifsey83, Jan 11, 2013.

1. lifsey83

lifsey83

Apr 11, 2011
    tennessee
    I was looking at compensators for my glock 23. I was just wondering how much they actually help and does anything else need to be done when using a compensator ??

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    With the right loads a comp will reduce felt recoil a great bit, if it's working as it should the gun will stay flat or lift very little in recoil. To take full advantage of a comp run a medium to fast powder, Power Pistol, AA7, HS-6, or Auto Comp. Power Pistol is my choice, maybe not the best chice but I like it. You want to generate a lot of gas to make the comp work. Lot of people will reduce their loads thinking it'll help, you want to go the other way stepping up to produce more gas. You'll need to tune the springs to the new load/comp combination, usually isn't hard to do and doesn't cost a lot. Go here and you can get everything you need
    http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/productCat15561.ctlg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

3. lifsey83

lifsey83

Apr 11, 2011
    tennessee

Thanks for the help ......

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    I stated it incorrectly, a comp will greatly increase controling recoil, not so much reducing it. I run 9 major and the pistol drives reward hard but stays flat. It's odd feeling at first.