close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Compensated for CC

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by biscotrip, Mar 16, 2012.

1. biscotrip

biscotrip

Anyone carry a "C" model Glock for CC?

2. Wastelander

Wastelander NEVER BACK DOWN

I've done it on several occasions. 90% of the time I carry my 33, but when I don't I strap on my 21C. I use gold dots in both guns.

3. biscotrip

biscotrip

What sort of sights do you have? Has your front sight been dimmed in any way?

4. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

5. Wastelander

I have the standard dot-in-box style sights. The front sight has not dimmed any from when I bought it. However it will dim (turn brown) after 50 rounds or so when I'm at the range, but some spit and elbow grease easily solves the problem.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  6. shilowar

shilowar

me too...I have a front night sight and standard rear sight. In a defensive shooting situation I may only use the front sight post, if I use sights at all.

[​IMG]

7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Factory c models are no less suitable for ccw, night fire, or firing from retention than non compensated models. That said, most shooters don't shoot at a level where they could see a benefit.

8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

What do you believe the benefits of "C" models are?

9. acergy09

acergy09

not recommended for CCW....because of its loud noise,its ringing in the ears everytime it goes bang,you will lost of your profficiency because of that,its painful in the ears...it is good only for shooting in a range with earmuffs...

the only benefits of C models is felt less recoil...

10. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Words of caution. If you have no knoweldge or experience with C model GLOCK pistols and/or porting, please don't offer incorrect observations.

Ported GLOCK pistols are definitely a bit louder, but firing any service caliber pistol in a confined space (such as your home for HD/SD) is going to hurt your hearing. There is no difference in the over-all noise level between a ported and non-ported pistol, it's just that the sound is directed differently. In an SD/HD situation, you will never notice any difference between a ported or non-ported pistol, due to "auditory exclusion". Use Google for an explanation.

Also, porting does nothing for recoil. Porting is not designed nor enginered to change recoil....never has, never will. Porting does help dramatically with muzzle rise during rapid fire. During a bad situation, porting does an awesome job in helping a shooter get back onto target with faster and more accurate follow-up shots.

11. Wastelander

+1

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

12. Bill Lumberg

Belief has nothing to do with it. in the hands of an accomplished shooter, porting reduces muzzle flip during rapid fire.without the drawbacks frequently reported by folks who have zero experience with the weapons.

13. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

So, exactly what I said above.....good.

14. Bill Lumberg

Did you need reinforcement?

15. acergy09

acergy09

Yes..Im wrong for what Ive said about the benefit of C model,and youre right,to reduce muzzle flip......but I have experienced firing one in outdoor range...and its really pain in my ear drum,I noticed on the first round when I forgot to wear my earmuff...I used to own an XD V-10 as well...but C model of glock is much louder than ported model of XD...at least in my observation/experienced...Im not an expert though...

because on outdoor range,I always forgot to wear my earmuff,I remember only when I finished my last round...

16. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Just making sure you knew what you were talking about. Too much bad information already being passed around the internet.

Your comment of "That said, most shooters don't shoot at a level where they could see a benefit." made me question your experience and knowledge level. Any shooter can experience the benefit of ported pistols, they just have to try rapid-fire shooting. Of course some shooters never practice rapid-fire.

17. Bill Lumberg

No. Most just think they can. I am issued a c model and have owned them personally for longer than I've carried one on duty. The average shooter hasn't mastered the fundamentals enough to shoot fast and accurately. Only folks who have truly done so will be able to let the big dog eat with a ported model. It's even more subtle with 9mm models. Aside from encountering the usual gun store and Internet geniuses who know all about c models but have never shot them, I've had instructors at glock spout the same crap as fact, based on what they'd heard regarding the drawbacks of models. Once I was done with an impromptu after-lunch class detour, no more. I put them through lowlight, firing from retention, comparison to gen 4's. All were on the same page afterward, all had hands on experience instead of the flawed rhetoric they'd started with. A couple of the less advanced folks weren't shooting at a level where teu really felt the benefit, which was to be expected, but they walked away knowing the difference between truth and myth regarding c models.

18. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

We agree on everything, except that I believe even a non-seasoned shooter can experience the difference porting makes. That's not to say that porting will turn them into a much better shooter, but even if they are completely missing the target with every shot, they can still experience the lessened muzzel rise of a ported pistol.

19. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

20. 1milkman

1milkman

Shooting at night with a C model is there any problems with your vision? More so than with a regular gun? FYI never shot a C model