Comparable pistol to a Glock ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by tercel89, Jul 16, 2013.

1. I have 3 Glock 21's . I am thinking of selling one to get a different pistol. My question is this : What is a comparable pistol to the Glock as far as reliability , rust resistance , and very few parts so that it is as easy to detail strip as the Glock ?
    I want to go with the .45ACP cartridge.
    One of my choices is the Springfield 1911 .45ACP base model/mil-spec
    Another is the Norinco 1911 .45 ACP
    What are other choice that I should look at ?
    What I DONT want is a Beretta or a Sig Sauer that has what I think is too many springs and levers and pins . I want a pistol that I can drop , get banged up and still shoot it . I love CZ's but they just dont fit this catagory of mine being that when dropped or thrown on concrete they will bend a part or break. No disrespect to them , I have one and LOVE IT but not this time .
    Thanks for any information :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 tercel89, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTB: Ruger 22/45 or comparable pistol Wanted To Buy May 10, 2005
    Comparable finish to Glocks earlier Glossy Black Finish??? General Glocking May 21, 2014
    A Revolver Comparable to the Colt Python? General Firearms Forum Sep 6, 2013
    If this doesn't change, what's comparable to what we had? What Happened To My Want Ads Area? Mar 29, 2011
    Looking for a tlr-2 or comparable light/laser combo.(present for dad) Sights, Optics and Lasers Jan 11, 2010

3. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

This is going to be a long one. How about a nice s&w m&p or a anything else your heart desires. Sounds to me like you need a 9mm

4. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Well, if you like 1911's, don't screw around and get a TRP from Springfield. Wilson, Baer, Brown... Dan Wesson (CZ) still makes a good one.

Are you expecting to drop your handgun on concrete a lot?

5. I am leaning towards a S&W M&P as another choice. Why do you say a 9mm ?

6. SA XDm 45 is a nice pistol. Extremely reliable and rugged.

7. S&W M&P .45 is a good choice. S&W is still trying to resolve the accuracy issues with the M&P in 9mm.

8. Why not stay with glock and get a 30 30s or 36 ?

molan labe

9. That was also another one that I was "thinking" about. I had an XD-9 Full size but that was a 9mm . The original HS2000 (S.A. Xd-9) was made to be chambered in 9mm. I am always hesitant to buy a gun chambered in a different cartridge that it was originally chambered for. Except the Glock. It has the proven track record for the .45ACP on their 21 and the 30 .

10. I have a 30 , see it in my avatar picture ? :cool:

#9 tercel89, Jul 16, 2013
  11. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Its a great round, a lot less expensive, more common in some ways, and a pleasure to shoot. I kind of lean with the experts on this one. Everyone needs at least one Glock 17 or 19. For me its the 19.

12. The 1911 doesn't really fit your spec list.

I'd go M&P then XDm

13. I have a 26 as a back-up that I carry at work and a G17 as a carry pistol. But thanks and you are correct , everyone needs at least a 17 or 19 . They just WORK :supergrin:

#12 tercel89, Jul 16, 2013
  14. XDm or M&P are a couple main players, but there are others as well.

15. I had forgot to add that I also am looking at the Norinco 1911 .45ACP . I have made myself so made over the last 20 yrs for not getting one of these ! They are very well made and reliable even though they are made in China .

#14 tercel89, Jul 16, 2013
  16. What parts have you bent/broken on your CZ by dropping it on concrete? I have more 75s that a man should and I challenge you to not drop it but throw it down on concrete and break something. If it's a nice piece of concrete you'll probably knock a chunk out of it when the gun hits. Fragile is not a word I would use to describe a 75.

17. Plus one:steamed:

18. That is why I got rid of all my M&P 9mm..

19. From my understanding they went to a faster twist barrel
    in the 2013 model guns. It's reported the accuracy is better. But then again I haven't noticed any issues with my late model M&P.

I'm thinking that it is a combination of barrel twist and lock up.
    There have been some reports of the barrel hood to slide fit being poor. My M&P9 is negligible at best as to the lockup. I love my M&P and have started shooting it more than my other pistols.

20. I have not dropped it on concrete.

21. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

You realize the 1911 was developed from an existing .38?

That said, the "NM" Mil-Spec/RO is a good pistol, greater than the sum of its parts. But if you are used to carrying a 30 the 1911 will feel like an anchor.

FWIW, I sold my 30 and got a XDs.