close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Compact rail light for G29?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by CUJ0, Jan 28, 2013.

1. CUJ0

CUJ0

Oct 20, 2011
    Central CA/ LV, NV
    I've searched but I can't find a decent light to go on a G29. . .

What I'm looking for is something relatively short fore/aft where the lens is close to square with the muzzle (eg., G34 w/ a Surefire X200). I know I don't have much to work with in the way of space considering it's a "sub compact."

There's not much space to work with when you factor in the switch, battery and lens...I don't need/desire a lot of lumens.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  2. PVolk

PVolk

Oct 2, 2009
    Michigan
    The TLR-3 is pretty short but it's still going to stick out beyond the muzzle. I don't know of anything shorter.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-69220-Mounted-Tactical-Locating/dp/B001T7GZQQ/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1359424231&sr=8-32&keywords=streamlight+light"]Streamlight 69220 TLR-3 Weapon Mounted Tactical Light with Rail Locating Keys - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Vch-qFbYL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Vch-qFbYL[/ame]

3. CUJ0

CUJ0

Oct 20, 2011
    Central CA/ LV, NV
    Thank you.

I've been a Surefire fan but will have to look into the Streamlight. There is also a company called Insight that I've seen. I'm just looking for something that fits and works. I don't need the lumens. The Surefire's are getting more lumens and are growing larger in size.

Once again, thanks.

4. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Take a look at the Viridian C5L Laser/Light. It's only 1.9 inches long and combines a green laser and 100 lumen tac light.

GT member GLOCKTOMETRY has a rather famous thread showing how he modified the G26 subcompact to add an accessory rail and install the C5L. It should be no problem for the G29. See pics here: Custom Rails on my G26 for Weapon Light

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Or, without the laser, the CTL is the same size, but cheaper. I agree with GRT45 that the C5L is the better deal.

6. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    I have a TLR-3 on my G30 and it functions fine. I just popped it off of the G30 and put it on my G29 to see what it looks like. It sticks out 3/4" from the gun.

7. CUJ0

CUJ0

Oct 20, 2011
    Central CA/ LV, NV
    Thanks again for all of your input. I really appreciate it.