close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comp-tac "Infidel" Clip Options?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by The Retired Sarge, Feb 3, 2012.

1. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

In general, I like Comp-tac gear very much. Love my IWB Infidel holster but hate its standard clips as they always slip off my gun belt (double thickness horse hide). I tried their leather belt loops and returned them: very thick leather and they no longer use directional snaps. I don't favor multiple wings & clips either.

Has any one used the Infidel Shirt Tucker Clip? That one might work as it is the same large clip similar to the ones used on the 2:00 holster and their mag carriers. I don't intend to tuck in a shirt but do want a solid clip I don't have to constantly check to see if it is still in place. Your advice is very much appreciated. Bill

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 The Retired Sarge, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. turbostar66

turbostar66
    Expand Collapse

I use a Comp-Tac Infidel for my G30 and I use the leather straps. It had the 1" belt clip on it when I got it (it was used), so I ordered the 1.5" belt clip to fit my belt.

I just wasn't satisfied with how secure it felt on my belt with such a heavy pistol and now I don't use it.

The leather straps fixed the issue and work great for me. I don't feel they are that thick, maybe 1/8"? And I'm not sure what you meant by directional snaps but they work for me like they are supposed to.

3. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

Thanks turbostar66, I might revisit those leather belt loops. Directional snaps, also called "pull the dot snaps" are usually used on holsters. They will only unsnap in one direction and make for a much more secure attachment on the belt. Comp-tac used to use directional snaps until recently. Bill

4. turbostar66

turbostar66
    Expand Collapse

Glad I could help with some feedback. If you'd like me to take photos or anything, just let me know.

Those directional snaps sound neat. I wonder why they stopped using them? Probably cost related.

I really, really wanted to be able to use the simple clip but I just don't like the way it secures on the belt. I have a Galco Triton with a belt clip for my G19 and I actually use that clip. It just feels more rigid and tight than the Comp-Tac clip.

5. jimw

jimw
    Expand Collapse

How low (or high) does the infidel ride?

I'm looking for something like this BUT everything I've seen so far puts the firearm up too high for my build. I need something that puts the entire trigger below the belt line and just leaves the very back of the grip up above the belt.

6. The Retired Sarge

The Retired Sarge
    Expand Collapse
    "The Sarge"

jimw,

The Infidel rides relatively low and the trigger is certainly below the belt. If the pistol sits too low you can't get a proper combat grip when you need to draw the pistol in a hurry. The Infidel sits just high enough to get that proper grip and no more. I really like that holster and to me it is very comfortable to wear. I am just exploring some different mounting options. Bill

7. jimw

jimw
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Retired Sarge!

8. nosuchagency

nosuchagency
    Expand Collapse

sarge, following up on whether you ever made decision on the shirt tucker strut? I'm considering an infidel for a med-framed sig and am looking for any feedback on that particular mount as well. thx