close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comp-tac holsters

Discussion in 'Sponsor Showcase' started by solo17, Feb 3, 2006.

1. solo17

solo17
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys,

Just want to let everyone know that we are participating in the
    GlockTalk forum and if you have in questions or concerns feel free to post here , email or im me and I'll be happy to help to answer all I can .

Just to let you know what we do here...

We are a Kydex holster manufacturer in Houston,Texas . There is a total of 8 people working here and everyone here is a chl holder and involved in numerous shooting sports as well as various law enforcement and military veterans. We all have our own ideas on how holster should work and try to get our customers the best holster for their purpose. I believe we now offer 10 different holster styles for over 100 different gun models and are adding more and more every month. Every holster is handmade for the model gun you specify at the time of your order and usually only take about 2 days to be shipped out .

Chris

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G21forME

G21forME
    Expand Collapse
    NRA MEMBER

I have a question. I had the slide on my 21 refinished in nickel because I bought a pos fobus that damaged the finish. How do refinished slides IE nickel/chrome/ss etc.. hold up in the long term using a c-tac?

3. HNS

HNS
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

I love your products. Wondeing when you will becoming out with an IWB for a 19/23 IWB with a X200 light?

I know it may be a long shot but I am still looking for one, like a Gurka. Thanks

4. Kilroy

Kilroy
    Expand Collapse
    JAFMP
    Millennium Member

I have a Comp-Tac IWB for my G30. Very good holster, very comfortable and conceals well.

Thanks Comp-Tac!!

5. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights
    Expand Collapse
    Jr Member

Since a rep is on the board I'll ask the questions that I had eariler. Can I order a Ctac with C-clips instead of the standard clips or is it only an extra cost option? how easy is it to change out clips without messing up the cant too much between 1 1/2" and 11/4 clips"?

6. cj5mrt

cj5mrt
    Expand Collapse

I've got a C-Tac and it is extremely comfortable. It is very easy to change between clips. They are a great company with great service.

Mike

7. ShootNMove

ShootNMove
    Expand Collapse
    concealed

I love my CTAC! Being a Texan, I prefer to keep my business in the state if at all possible. I NEED a holster that supports a light. I'd pay $100 for a one-off of a large frame GLOCK with a Streamlight M3 attached. Another company offers a holster, but I will stick with you guys if you can hook me up.

Thanks for a great product.

8. solo17

solo17
    Expand Collapse

G21forme: Every gun holster will eventually cause holster wear . from what ive seeen kydex is actually less abrasive to your finish than leather or injection molded . dirt get trapped in leather easily and is hard to clean .inject molded holsters tend to be softer and dirt get imbedded in the plastic and causes damage . Kydex is a pretty hard material and is easily cleaned. Also have a holster thats fitted to the "actual" gun tends to have a better fit than a holster made with a aluminum cast(the cast shinks about 10% of the original size).

Hns: we are working on it as we speak give me a call at the shop and i might be able to get you fixed up.

usingmyrights: you can change to different clip styles at the time of you order j hooks v mount and standard clips are all the same price which is included in the c-tac price and c-clips are 3 dollars more.

shootandmove : i could possibly be able to custom make a beltholster for a g20/21 with a light .Call me at the shop to discuss further.

Chris

9. daved222269

daved222269
    Expand Collapse

Just got a ctac for my g19...love it! Great holster and customer service:)

10. HNS

HNS
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

You guys are the BOMB!!
    I will be calling Monday. Thanks for great products and even better service, this is why I do not buy from others.

11. Terminator

Terminator
    Expand Collapse

I have bought 2 Comp-Tac Holsters and couldnt be happier. I have the Speed Belt and the Locking paddle and am one happy customer!!!!!
    Great customer service and fast delivery. Tammy Rocks!

12. Kevin108

Kevin108
    Expand Collapse
    HADOKEN!
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Welcome to GlockTalk. I also agree that Comp-TAC offers top-notch products and customer service.

13. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

I have a Comp-Tac C.-T.A.C. holster that I have worn every day for a few years. I have done EVERYTHING in it. EVERYTHING. I couldn't be happier. I have broken two clips in this time, both times my fault, and both times Tammy sent me a pair of new clips (at no charge) that arrived within a day or two.

Here are a few BIG pictures that show what kind of wear you can expect from daily use:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Yes, I do know my serial # is clearly visible, but I don't care)

-p.

14. PhuzzyGnu

PhuzzyGnu
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

... And three pictures of me and the C.-T.A.C. with the G20. I'm 6'4" 255lbs and the shirts are XXL and the jeans are 38x36 (I wear 36x36 with no IWB). Not the best quality (because I'm in my usual black), but you get the idea.

#1: Shirt loose...

[​IMG]

#2: Shirt pulled tighter...

[​IMG]

#3: See? It really is a full size G20 under there...

[​IMG]

-p.

15. solo17

solo17
    Expand Collapse

Thanks
    for posting the pics

Chris

16. poly glockahr

poly glockahr
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the post- I have several Comp-tacs including paddles, belt and mag pouches for my G26/PM9/P7M8. I would like to renew once again my request for a cuff case. Last time I spoke with you guys, I was told it was a possibility. Well, one year later, any plans? The Blade-tech case I use works, but...I need a compact, paddle and/or belt style pouch for hinged peerless. You up to it?
    THANKS, and keep up the great work, products and service.

17. USPcompact45

USPcompact45
    Expand Collapse

Chris,

I know comptac has the holster for the hk p2000 but would there be one made for the p2000sk? Thanks.

18. Buffering

Buffering
    Expand Collapse
    The Cooler

Solo17,

I about pooped my pants when I saw that you posted as the manufacturer!!! It's doesn't get any better than that!!!

I already own several of your products and in fact, I called Tammy yesterday and ordered another holster and dbl mag holder for a G19. I've got several friends who I've sent your way too.

Now the disappointment. I've been browsing your site and I don't see the one thing I'd pay a ransom for - your belt holster for a 625 5" Smith.

Yes, I see the locking paddle but I'm interested in the belt holster in 1 1/2" width. I just like your belt holsters and I'm extremely pleased with them at the range. Nothing more complicated than that.

BTW, when I ordered Tammy said there would be a delay in shipping and I'm telling myself, "Hey, their stuff is high zoot and worth waiting a couple weeks." I nearly died when she said it was your policy to get stuff out the door within 24-48 hrs but because of a recent high order volume it might be 36-72 hrs. The thud she heard was me dropping the phone in disbelief.

For those of you who haven't used Comp-Tac products they are first rate and worth the money. It's good value for the money and I'd consider their products essential equipment just like the Wilderness Tactical belt.

19. mouser

mouser
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

I added the CTAC to my holster collection about 2 weeks ago. I've been carrying for about a year and a half, and my only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.

20. Desert Rat 23

Desert Rat 23
    Expand Collapse

Just a suggestion, place a link to your site in your sig.