close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

comp question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JLA, Sep 10, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA

Feb 11, 2007
    BuckeyeLand
    Hi again and again and again.....
    Here is the latest. My computer worked fine. Then I unplugged / unhooked everything...(computer, router, cable modem)for about a day and a half. I hooked everthing back up last night and got it running. NOW ..... out of every minute online I lose connection about 15 - 20 seconds out of every minute...literally. I tried to play an online game and again out of EVERY minute I lost connection for 16 seconds. It's driving me nuts! Any suggestions please?

2. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Why was it unhooked? Did it move to another room?

Cable companies change the signal strength depending on where you have the computer / digital TV receiver in the home.

So - Was it moved?

If it wasn't moved, then turn off the internet modem and router. Start the modem first - let the lights stabilize - Now start up the router. Once the router stabilized, get on and see how it works.

Let us know...

Patrick

3. JLA

JLA

Feb 11, 2007
    BuckeyeLand
    Yes... I unhooked everything and moved everything out of the room. Got new carpet in that room...hence the move. Put everything back into same location. router and modem are 2 feet from their original place. I'll let you know how your suggestion works...thanks!

4. JLA

JLA

Feb 11, 2007
    BuckeyeLand
    Problem solved. Got a new router and now it works great. I still don't know what happened with the old one. ???:dunno: