Commerce City cop caps Chloe

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ronduke

ronduke
    Expand Collapse

2. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

I am honestly more fearful of shooting a dog than a person.

3. CLoft239

CLoft239
    Expand Collapse
    I Like Turtles

I have yet to see any shooting of dogs end well for officers involved in this area.

Sad days we're living in...

Sent from the Titanic. I named my phone "The Titanic" so when I plug it into the computer it says "The Titanic is syncing".

4. MeefZah

MeefZah
    Expand Collapse
    Cover is Code 3

I was damn near crucified after shooting a dog a few years ago, I'd have been better off if I had slit a baby's throat and drank it's blood on YouTube.

I found dogs are a lot like people with that whole "Tyrese was a good kid, tunring his life around" routine. No one wants to believe their dog could do something horrible, and why couldn't the police just corral him into a cage or somethng?

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44
    Expand Collapse
    Unfair Facist
    Lifetime Member

Yep, in my area you could shoot bad guys all day long without so much as a comment other than "Good Job officer!". shoot a dog, even a viscous one attacking you and their are letters to the editor demanding the officer be fired and threats of lawsuits.

6. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Same paperwork in my old agency for dogs or persons. Last dog we shot, I got a call from our HQS because I didn't list the hospital we had taken the dog to, and whether we had killed it or not, when I sent in the teletype.

I told them. "It was a pit bull. I don't know if we killed it or not. We shot it in the head and it ran off. No one told me we had to go find it and take it to the hospital. "

They didn't like that answer. :supergrin:

#6 series1811, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. Cochese

Cochese
    Expand Collapse
    Most mackinest
    CLM
    1. The JBT's

This is a total disaster over here right now.

Given the choice of getting bit of having my house located and set on fire, I'll take the dog bite anymore.

8. TK-421

TK-421
    Expand Collapse

:shocked:

Genius!

:laughing:

9. articulate

articulate
    Expand Collapse

Ain't that the truth. You kill a human, and you just have to deal with the standard media backlash and ignorant/racist cries for justice from the ******** crowd. But you shoot a dog... whoa, hold on to your ass! You're going to get national media exposure and death threats.

One of the most aggravating calls I ever had was covering an animal control officer on a report of a dog in a parked/unattended car. It was in a yuppie part of town during a community farmer's market, and when I arrived the car and animal control officer were SURROUNDED by a crowd of total yuppie urbanite retards. They were screaming at the poor animal control guy to hurry up and just break the window, and were all shouting over the guy and refusing to just let him do his job. Every single person that happened to walk by would be accosted by a couple of those token loud-mouth soccer moms demanding to know if the car belonged to them or if they knew who the car belonged to. People were trying to force the windows down. People were knocking on adjacent doors demanding water and food to give to the dog. Ordering the animal control guy around and telling him how to do his job.

I almost had to OC spray the crowd. Good god almighty that was a dense pack of morons. If it had been a kid in the car instead of a dog, we probably wouldn't have even gotten a call.

10. articulate

articulate
    Expand Collapse

"COP WATCH" got the swear filter????!!! That's awesome! It certainly is a nasty word.

11. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

My friend had a Pit that he loved dearly. He believed it could do nothing wrong. One day it turned on him. He went into the house, got a rifle and shot it right there.

He still loved the dog, but some things you have to do. He was afraid of what could have happened if it were a stranger the dog turned on.

Responsibility is a b**ch.

12. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

So much so that many people will have nothing to do with it.

13. dano1427

dano1427
    Expand Collapse

Nonsense. The dog was loose, the dog was aggressive, other lesser options failed, and the dog was shot. Just another case of pit-apologists in denial.

14. DaBigBR

DaBigBR
    Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

The only dog shooting I ever saw go well was one where a loose, unattended, vicious dog was attacking one being walked by its owner on leash. The owner couldn't stop it, and a passing cop used baton, OC, Taser, and eventually got permission from a supervisor to shoot the aggressive dog.

Apparently the public accepts it if you're intervening in dog-on-dog violence.

15. Hrsuhd

Hrsuhd
    Expand Collapse

Having grown up on a farm bad dogs get put down. Watching the video I saw a scared dog that didnt get shot till it was in the harness. I might be wrong but thats what it looked like to me.

16. steveksux

steveksux
    Expand Collapse
    Massive Member

That's different. "It's for the puppies"

That article is kind of amazing. just attacked by his dog, "I don't want to die" followed by "they're going to kill my dog".. :wow::dunno::faint: Really? This the dog you just thought was about to kill you?

My attitude would be more like "Officer, can I borrow your gun for a moment?"
    ETA: I'm talking about the MEsa incident...

As far as Chloe goes, I'm curious why it was shot after being in the neck harness. Looked like it was trying to get away, maybe they thought it was getting away from the animal control officer.

One thing I will absolutely NOT stand for is to get the officers side of the story before throwing him under the bus over a 5 second snippet of video.

Randy

#17 steveksux, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  17. dukeblue91

dukeblue91
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry guys but watching the video it really did not look like the dog needed to be shot.