close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

comments abt the ranger 1911

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kcboy, Jan 12, 2006.

1. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    all i know is that it's an engish brand that was medi in vietnamn, but its cheap and was thinking of getting one, comments will be highly appreciated....

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    [​IMG]

here is my imperial defence ranger - STI Trojan clone

when i got the ranger frame, it was a bit less expensive than the armscor ss. so far no problems

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    the ones they're selling at the gun show, had a gray sand blasted finish, they said i could hard chromed it, too. it was cheaper than any norinco and armscor ive seen considering the things that came with it.;a

4. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    that's the parkerized finish. basic model yun. they also have the enhanced and custom models. Finishes come in hard chrome, diamond coat and blue finishes.

if you plan to use it for a project single stack, its decent enough. its a cast frame unlike the forged norincos.

all that was left of my ranger was the frame and the grip bushings. everything else was replaced by premium parts. the ranger top end i sold to horge for a steal!

used to be that the ranger frames had flawed pin holes (misaligned) and out of spec dimensions. that got solved already about a year and a half ago.

here are some more pics of my pistol. the pistol's finished in matte black chrome but i had the slide flats polished but not in mirror finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

depends on what you plan to make for your SS. if i will start all over again, i'll prob. get a norinco, armscor or ranger in that order

5. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    i plan to get a norinco, since i know it's forged steel so a lot more durable than the armscor and the ranger. but withe prices and how the manufacturers set up the following pistiols, just screws your mind.

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    i'd wager that the norinco will hold its resale value better than the other two pistols...

go ask for a nice discount from deenoh at WSC!

psst! dino, yung commission ko ha? hehehe!

7. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    ..baka meron po kayo dyan 1911 .45 barrel wanting to dispose at a special BOG price (sam, ranger,norinco,armscor,GI) :cool:

pls. help me;)

tnx

paltik

8. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    there were a couple of norincos 1911 45s 2 toned, going for 15k to 17k plus.....you think it's a good deal???;P

9. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Norincos are always a good deal:)

10. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    +1 for the Norks. If I buy one of those GI basic models, all I plan to change are the sights and grips. All else can be smoothened by a competent gunsmith.

11. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    May I know who sells Rangers in the Philippines, and who manufactures them?

Thanks!

12. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    Imperial Defence is an English company. They're cast in Vietnam. PB Dionisio imports them.

13. kcboy

kcboy CHEEPUCK.COM

Jan 4, 2003
    manila,philippines
    pb imports them, but there are other shops who sell them, some even cheaper than pb dionisio. might goi back again tom just for another look and waste some time.