close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comfortable Workboots

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by el_jewapo, Oct 15, 2012.

1. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I need some new footwear good for standing on concrete all day. I also work with forklifts and pallet jacks, so I think steel toe would be a good idea, I'm surprised it's not mandatory. I guess my main concern is the comfort factor. I was looking for tennis shoes, but a friend said the heel on a boot is better for standing all day. I'd rather wear boots anyway. I've got my eye on something like this.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-win...2270-red-wing-mens-11-inch-pull-on-boot-brown

I want western style like that on account of being a redneck. I don't care for the lace up ones. Anyone have any experience with something like that as far as all day comfort?

2. crazycooter91

crazycooter91 Roll Tide

I've always preferred wolverine boots.

3. 97XJ_Sport

97XJ_Sport

I've had some of those too and enjoyed them.

4. DowntimeLA

DowntimeLA in da swamp

i'm looking for the same right now...

i tried on a pair of ariats last weekend and didn't like the way they fit me, going to the tony lama dealer asap

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  5. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I was looking at some Tony Lamas online, I can't remember the exact boot, but I read a review from a guy saying when they get wet, the sole starts coming off. He said it's happened with 3 pairs.

6. 97XJ_Sport

97XJ_Sport

I've never had that problem.

7. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Yeah it's kind of hard to believe. Tony Lama is a big name in boots, they surely didn't get there by making crap. Either he's lying or got several pairs from the same bad batch.

8. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

I looked at Tony Lama's last week, and the salesperson mention the same thing about the soles... His particular stories were from oilfield usage, but regardless I was surprised because the store actually sells Tony Lama...

I've had a ton of different boots, and I work in outdoor construction mainly and work with lots of guy's in all different type of boots.. There are some boots that are as comfortable or more confortable to me than RedWings, but I just don't believe there is a tougher pair made with the exception to maybe a custom boot maker or Danner which I believe are of equal quality..

I wear the rear outside corner of the soles out on mine in a couple years due to my step, but I've yet to have a sole separation of any kind or a stitching failure whereas by other brand ventures have had exactly that happened to them.. I have had a pair of lace-up Red's that were chinese made, and they were apretty good boot but there USA stuff are very well built..

9. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Look at Ariat Boots. The most comfortable outdoor work boot I know of. If they can talk a guy that's suffering from neuropathy in both feet out of my beloved Redwings, they deserve a look.

http://www.ariat.com/Work/Men/

10. crazycooter91

crazycooter91 Roll Tide

I've had mine for 4yrs now and they're more comfortable than any tennis shoes I've got...I've also got a pair of ariats when I need to dress up decent but I can't wear them for long periods of time.

11. brisk21

brisk21

12. stevemc

stevemc

Red Wings are expensive but very good. When I was doing electrical construction, I would always double up on the socks too. Big difference.

13. KenMac

KenMac

Wolverine Dura-shocks........the best I've found.

14. Fox184

Fox184

15. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I recently purchased a pair of Red Wings and initially was unimpressed at the comfort but they've since broke in and feel much better. Asides from dying all my socks black and not very warm (mine are not insulated), they seem pretty nice. Are they worth the money, not sure yet but have noticed the soles wearing down pretty quickly and they're less than a year old (I'm unsure of the model I have and spend alot of time on a concrete floor.)

16. professorpinki

professorpinki Bumbling idjit

I wear Rocky S2V's for a living, without the steel toe, but I'd have to recommend Rocky based off my experience with them.

My dad wears Red Wings. He loves 'em, and they've saved his foot from a 5 ton roller.

17. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

18. SinCityGlocker

SinCityGlocker

If there is a redwing store in your locale that can resole, you will get a lot of use out of them, If not you will have to wait weeks to get your boots resoled. I am an HVAC guy and have gotten almost 4 years (1 resoling) out of a pair of redwings. No other boot has lasted me up to 2 years.

19. 2bgop

2bgop

One of the best purchases I have ever made. I love mine. At the rate I wear them, they will last 25 years.