close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Comcast Constant Guard

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by rfrf, Jul 5, 2011.

1. rfrf

rfrf
    Expand Collapse

What feedback does anyone have comparing Comcast Constant Guard to Comcast Norton Security Suite. Constant Guard seems to offer the same security as Norton Security Suite with Identity Safe. I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

rfrf

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pierre!

Pierre!
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

What OS run on this network? Just one Windows 7? or more computers with mixed versions?

3. rfrf

rfrf
    Expand Collapse

I am running XP and Windows 7.

4. Pierre!

Pierre!
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Cox Cable has a package that I can use...

But as a home based business, I use Microsoft Security Essentials... and I recommend it highly. It's caught alot of bugs, and Win 7 has stopped many many viruses via the UAC (User Access Control)

I also have Avast! home edition running on some of my non-business (Lab) computers. Works well also, and has a cool 'sandbox' feature. When Avast! doesn't know the software, it puts it in a sandbox which can un-do things that you didn't intend to install.

Those are my recommendations for Virus.

For Malware I just run MalwareBytes from MalwareBytes.org when I suspect something might have slipped in, or during regular maintenance (2 to 3 times a month).

Suites have a habit of *nagging* users who then turn off the alerts! Then, the alerts are never seen... and I get called out to a massively infected computer that really just needs to be 'Nuked From Space' and then re-installed.

But all of this is in my free eBook if you care to check it out... it's in my sig line...

Hope that gets you off to a good start!
    Patrick

5. solomansousana

solomansousana
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I too use Cox cable and they provide you with free McAfee security suite, as does my bank since I use online banking. I however use both a watchguard firebox, a hardware firewall along with an alpha shield and NIS 2011.

6. Pierre!

Pierre!
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

I used to be a big McAfee fan boy... and they recently started posting decent scores Here: AVTest.org

So... now you know where you can go to see how your AV selection stacks up!

Hope that helps...

Patrick