close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Combat Handgunnery Books, etc.

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by G26AZ, Aug 12, 2011.

1. G26AZ

G26AZ
    Expand Collapse

Hey Mas, a couple of questions about the Combat Handgunnery books that you've written:

1) Why is the 5th edition the same as the 6th edition but with different covers? I picked up the 5th edition from Ebay when I saw it was also by you as I had thouroughly enjoyed the 6th ed., but was very surprised when I opened it and it seemed familiar.

2) What was the book that (IIRC) back in the early 80's that included a photo of you in in uniform and wearing a leather jacket coming up a staircase with a 1911 in hand? I thought it might be an early edition of Combat Handgunnery, but it seems like it included something about Law Enforcement in the title.

I've been enjoying going back and re-reading these books from 25-30 years ago and seeing how things have changed - or stayed the same.

Thanks!
    John

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

1. 6th edition was a lightly updated version of the 5th.

2. Off the top of my head, I want to say that was Gun Digest Book of Law Enforcement Weaponry, either the edition by Jack Lewis and Jack Mitchell, or the one by Tom Ferguson.

best,
    Mas