Glock Talk banner

Colt XSE Vs. SA Loaded

4K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  Flatfoot 
#1 · (Edited)
I am trying ti decide between a NIB SA Loaded with NS and a LNIB Colt XSE Gov size. I am wanting this gun for shooting matches (idpa), bowling pin shoots, etc. Its gonna get alot of use. I would pay about 50 more for the colt. What would you guys choose and why, Thanks alot

Oh and if it matters the colt is series 80. Also if anyone else has a different suggestions on a gun in my range please let me know. I cant really go higher than 800 including tax, shipping ffl etc.

Ok the kimber just entered the picture. My local shop has a excellent kimber Custom II with the dredded external extractor for 599. So thats gonna 200 less than the colt. This would be nice cause then I could order my re loading press, however I dont want to skimp but if that is a good gun at a fair price I wouldnt mind it. Plus It felt buttery smooth and had a nice trigger

#27 ·

After an extensive, flawless range session a couple of years ago, on my hip as I type with no hiccups.

Bob :cowboy:
Thanks for that info. I've got the XSE in blue and love it. I don't know how many rounds I've put through it but it's a lot, and same story. Absolutely flawless in function. I want to get a compact now. I'd like to get a commander but I really want a 4" gun.

#29 · (Edited)
It´s like picking the woman with big knockers. It´s just the right thing to do. :supergrin:
:rofl:

Buy the Colt.

It's a better pistol than the Springfield and a much better pistol than the Kimber. The Colt is tough, reliable and accurate. I'm still shooting a 1911 that my grandfather brought back from World War II. The Colt will retain it's value better than the other two guns as well. Only the uninformed buy an external extractor Kimber.

Also, if you ever want to build up a custom pistol the Colt is a better base platform. The XSE already has a frame that has a trigger guard undercut for a high grip, an ambi-safety and front cocking serrations.

#30 ·
The loaded comes with hundreds of dollars of mods over a base 1911. It's great, but if going to build all the way, it's cheaper overall to start with a base gun. Look at what you intend to do. Depending upon your needs or wants, it might be better to procure a Loaded, or better to get a base 1911 and start from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.