close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt Trooper MK III

Discussion in 'The Wheelhouse' started by oneofthose, Feb 4, 2011.

1. oneofthose

oneofthose

May 16, 2007
    I saw one tonight at the local shop, $425. Looked very clean, nice finish. They were busy and I didn't have time to wait to see it out of the case. I've wanted an older Colt like this for a while, but don't really know much about them, and what to look for. I might go back tomorrow.

Any experts here?

The one I saw looked just like the one here:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/double-action-revolvers/usa/colt-mk-trooper-lawman-e.html

2. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    If it's in good shape, it's a good deal. Any old Colt revolver is worth owning. If you buy it, please post pics!

3. texmex

texmex

Nov 29, 2004
    Central Texas
    That sounds like about what they go for. The MK IIIs were very rugged and reliable revolvers. Not as smooth an action as the older Trooper model or the Python, but more durable and a much more modern design with a floating firing pin and transfer bar mechanisim. I'm not sure Bill Gates has the money to buy enough ammo to wear one out.

4. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
  5. oneofthose

oneofthose

May 16, 2007
    Thanks, I'm checking on it today. Hope it's not gone.