Glock Talk banner

Colt Series 70

5K views 40 replies 25 participants last post by  Gbannan 
#1 ·
My new series 70. I've been after one for a while. Merry Christmas to me...

See less See more
#11 ·
I've cut up countless of those babes for custom builds. You can't go wrong. Send it to Novak with your custom spec requirements. You'll have a one of a kind fighting machine when they are done.

#17 ·
Call me a snob but other than semi customs the only 1911 I will own are colts. Have 4 right now. I say if you want extra crap on your gun( Beaver tails round hammers etc) it makes sense to just get one that way from the start. When I started shooting 30 years ago there were not the choices we have today on factory guns. Buying a colt and hacking it up was the only option - how things have changed!

#18 ·
Call me a snob but other than semi customs the only 1911 I will own are colts. Have 4 right now. I say if you want extra crap on your gun( Beaver tails round hammers etc) it makes sense to just get one that way from the start. When I started shooting 30 years ago there were not the choices we have today on factory guns. Buying a colt and hacking it up was the only option - how things have changed!
Its staying as is. Trust me.

#19 ·
Absolutely beautiful. I get 1911 fever every so often; am just fighting off a bout right now. I don't need one even slightly, and then think maybe a moderately priced, decent looking GI style would satisfy me. Then I see pictures of this. I'm fortunate I've never seen one in a store. I don't think I could resist.

Congratulations.

#21 ·
I have one just like that chambered in .38 Super and also one that's chambered in 9MM, as well as two in .45ACP. I've wanted to replace the sights on these beautiful pistols for quite some time, as they are the smallest sights that I own on any handguns. Can anyone direct me to a company which makes decent sights to fit the Colt dovetail that can also be seen by my aging eyes? I find it hard to pick up black on black sights such as those found on my 70 Series Gold Cup. I find that 3-dot sights of one form or another are easier to see. Anyone have good recommendations?

#25 ·
You should be good to go!! I usually take a few different brands to see if any have a problem functioning. Over the years I've bought a few different types of HP and will run a mag or two through it. I'll use the HP last when the gun is the dirtiest. I figure if there's a problem, that's when it'll jam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.