close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

colt serial numbers?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by trlcavscout, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Where are the colt lovers? So I called colt today trying to find out the vintage of the 6920 I have for sale and they couldn't tell me the manufacture date? It is an "le025xxx". Any ideas on where to find more info?

2. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    pull your handguards off and look for the date on the barrel...that will get you close.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  4. The barrel says 12/05 from what I can see, its hard to see. I didn't know that was their.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Do you know the history of this?
    Barrel date is not matching up to the receiver date.
    How long have you have it?

6. I have only had it a month or so. All I know about it being my first colt ar, is it has the m16 bcg, standard pivot/takedown pins but large fcg pins. I have been debating selling it then ordering a bcm complete upper and lower, but it seems like a good rifle.

7. SJRTX

SJRTX Plastic Lover

Mar 5, 2005
    Houston
    I dont think his is pre-ban. 2005 sounds probably right.

I have one that is Ser.LE 0016XX, which Colt told me was shipped in 1998 which is, I think the first year of the 6920.

I think they are in the 60-70k range now on the serial numbers. 05 was just 1 year after the ban expired, which im sure caused an explosion in the numbers of 6920's being produced. Which would probably explain why in 7 years its only in the 25k range, and in the last 5 we've jumped up another 50k almost.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011