close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt MK IV Govt. 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by JGguns, Jan 22, 2010.

1. JGguns

JGguns

May 6, 2009
    greenville, sc
    Can any tell me about this gun, Colt MK IV Govt Series 80 model in stainless. Is there a differance between this and a regular Govt model? I have a chnce to pick up a LNIB with no box for 750 and thought it may be a nice addition to the collection

2. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    Series 80 just means it has a passive firing pin safety. Plunger holds firing pin in place until the trigger moves rearward. Designed to prevent discharge should the gun be dropped.

I don't like them, but many people do and carry them with no problems.

Price sounds good, and it could make a great base for a custom build later on.

Good luck with it.

3. paul45

paul45

Jul 18, 2004
    NC
    I disagree. 750 for a MKIV series 80 with no box? Too much for me. I personally would buy a new 1991 NRM or for a hundred more a new series 70 Gov't.

4. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Jul 4, 2005
    The series 80 is a good 1911. I prefer an all stock Colt with the exception of a commander type hammer. The passive safety cannot really be felt unless the trigger is finely tuned and can be a good thing in a carry gun.

$750 not a great price but is not a rip off either.