close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt Marine CQB Pistol- Available to Civilians

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Rinspeed, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Jerry..... Jerry...... Jerry..... Jerry......

2. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not reading what I said multiple times. I'm insterested in what YOU would switch out or THINK you'd need to switch out after use. You see, you are not a force of 4,000 heading downrange.

That's all great but it's a red herring to anything I said in the previous post. You keep tapdancing and talking about the military trials..... we've established THEIR needs are different. If you feel YOU needs are simliar in the sense of parts interchangability then by all means.... again.... be specific.

You posted nothing that showed anything to compromise what I said about reliability. You posted some fragments of a report.

Apply some reference or critical thinking here from yourself? It's a joke to post what someone else said on the internet without reference after a quick google search. Otherwise, I could just head over to arf.com where you got it?

3. Tophatter

Tophatter

Oct 1, 2012
    Northern VA
    I don't recall saying I'd need to switch anything out, barring something breaking - which has been known to happen. Why is that your focus?

We're talking about the military trials because you refuse to acknowledge that the military version of the gun is built differently than the civilian version.

I have. It's going to be built differently than the Marines' version. Said it plenty of times, pointed to the video of the Colt rep saying it plenty of times. Somehow, it still hasn't sunk in on your end.

It's not the same gun. I'm not sure why you're insisting so hard that it is, but the facts simply don't favor your interpretation.

No Google-fu needed, I was pretty involved in that thread, and Augee summed up my feelings on it nicely.

4. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    I was incorrect in my assumption that you weren't reading what I said. :cool:

I'm providing that it doesn't make any difference to a civilian and it's only a plus that they are fitted a little closer. (if certain parts need extensive fitting at all) What you're not getting is that their considerations for the military are moot for YOU, unless you can provide otherwise. Hence my line of questions you didn't understand.

Yep, he's the guy that pretty much agrees with what I've been saying on terms of signficance of perceived difference. I however disagree with the authenticity as the guy that actually builds 1911s in that thread, has a point.

As stated earlier for any practical purposes it is with a bonus, I guess if true authenticity is your only goal then there's a ton of slippery slop there. Same parts, specs, coating, steel, etc.

5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

May 3, 2008
    Arkansas
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Are you trying to say the Colt is as good as the DW?

7. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Dunno how anyone could get that from what I said. To put it in plain english, all things being equal in terms of new or used..... A DW is significantly more than a Colt in terms of cost.... as it should be. Again, wanting to compare used prices to new is a joke and thus my original price points are accurate.

Whether or not these particular guns hold up to DW remains to be seen.

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Colt had served America for nearly two hundred years of honorable service!!!

Are you some sort of commie?

9. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    When I brought up the DW for $1,350, I wasn't comparing new to used.

10. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Pass, I could get two Kimbers for the same price!:popcorn:

11. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    There's a reason for that.

12. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Dunno why you're so thickheaded about this. You jumped in this thread beating your chest about your DW Valor in comparison to a colt. I said the going rate is ~1500-1700 depending on the model. You SAY you supposedly got yours for $1350 shipped. More power to you if true, however, as I said earlier those types of deals are now few and far between, if they exist. As proof, you posted a USED gun that sold for the same neighborhood. All things being equal, there's a significant price difference between the two.

13. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Do you want to see the receipt from April? If so, I expect you to be man enough to apologize here, since you're saying I made it up. Go over to the DW forum, people do get deals like that, at least those who know how to look.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.