close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt Marine CQB Pistol- Available to Civilians

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Rinspeed, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    You're hittin some good pipe there my friend. Colt 1911s are much better than they've ever been. I'm not the only person to believe this, many well known smiths will agree. They had problems in the 80s but since, they're some of the better production 1911s out there.

2. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Really? Who'd you "hear" that from? What would you know/could you know by looking at a picture? Please be specific.

Let's stop at the first part shall we? The point was that it will sell, sorry..... it has a pony on it and it looks to be a well built gun. The regular railed colts are great little guns so I imagine these will be too but we'll see.

That's great. You're not a fan, we get it. Ambi's, Rails, and Cerakote is all about preference but obviously very functional to those that would actually shoot it. Either way if people can drop $1500+ on a Mimber.... I can see these moving.

3. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    Look, concerning price versus value.

To the "arm chair warrior", he will pay whatever it cost, simply to point to his treasured pistol and tell his friend that that's the same pistol that the Marines carry.

That means it kills your enemies "deader".

Consider, the 1873 Colt Single Action Army has been obsolete for nearly a century....Yet...the Colt Custom shop still cranks them out for over $1500.00 a pop.

AND....insult to injury, they are not even authentic to the originals. Yet... people continue to buy them.

As to the lack of quality control....It does not matter!

Most will never even be fired.

Returning to my Peace Maker example, until the growth of "Cowboy action shooting" most of the modern 1873's were never fired or even cocked.

Look no further than a Gun Show in your area.

With little trouble you will almost certainly find a N.I.B. third generation pistol still with it's tags and zip tie on the hammer.

Now try to find one that is used, but good condition...

I'll bet you can't find one.

Funny story about "Cowboy" shooters...many of those guy's bought the Colts form collectors who owned them for years, only to find out that they were defective and needed to be returned to Colt to have them corrected.

Timing issues, aiming issues, ever firing issues.

Colt made a "bundle" cranking those puppies out...Knowing that they would likely never be fired.

In closing...Colt Firearms Mfg. Co. is NOT your friend.

They are nearly Bankrupt for a reason.

4. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    My Dan Wesson Valor makes Colt look like a piece of junk. I can't stand the cratered lettering.

5. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Yep, comparing a $1500-1700 Valor to a stock Colt shows a significant difference for sure.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Yet somehow it beated out the IMBEL that was in the same trial. If the Colt trial ones were broken that badly, I'd hate to see what the IMBELs were like.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    It is a painted Rail Gun.

8. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Yep,......looks like a painted Rail Gun, none for me!

9. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    You're paying too much, I got mine for $1,350 delivered, only a few hundred more than a Colt. Both are production guns, not custom. For a little more you get a tight fit, front strap checkering, non-cratered lettering, and night sights.

I do have to say I really like the new Colt Mustang .380.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  10. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Yep and I paid $50 more for my Les Baer TRS than you paid for your Valor, doesn't mean it's commonplace. The going rate for Valors is exactly what I said. Unless you can provide a link?

Glad you're up to speed on this. Never said either was custom, however you're not making an apples to apples comparison. Hopefully that's obvious? As far as the particular guns that are involved this thread, let's wait and see how the look when they come out to compare to be fair....

11. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

Nov 23, 2008
    owensboro KY
    I wonder how it is compared to springfields MC operator or double star's 1911. Either way, I'd still go with a Dan Wesson. Whatever happened with the nighthawk GRP? I thought that was built for some special forces guys.

Those pics looks like the casting job on my SR1911

12. Tophatter

Tophatter

Oct 1, 2012
    Northern VA
    I think it's important to remember that, despite the fact Colt's going to be selling these as the "MARSOC gun," they're built differently from the guns that're going to the Marines. Those are specifically not hand-fit in the custom shop.

13. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't think you have any clue what are talking about. Hint: YOu REALLY need to watch the video that was posted in the first post.

14. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    From today's Gunbroker, here's a LNIB for less than I paid:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=316477894

15. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

Jan 17, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I like it. Now would I pay that much for it, I don't know. Wish it did have some form of checkering or stippling on the front strap for the amount of money I'd be paying.
    -Joel

16. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Posting a link for used gun auction that hasn't sold yet is intellectually disingenuous at best. Want me to go through the trouble to post the majority of NEW Valors on GB and their asking price? Again, provide some links of some retail sites to show they don't go for ~$1500-1700 new.

If you bought yours used then great, you got an OK deal, if you have some site that sells them new and delivered for what you paid then post up.

17. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    No, that gun will probably go for a few hundred more than a similar condition Colt, and with a lot more features.

I want you to go to the trouble of shopping around and find a deal like I did, as most people do when buying a gun. Who buys a gun for the first price they see?

Again, mine was new for $1,350 delivered, and a guy on the DW forum said he got one for $1,300 delivered. Mine is SS, which is less than the black DWs, but only a few hundred more than a SS Colt.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  18. I was actually in the Marines and had buddies who were actually issued 1911's (I was just a Grunt. If we let them get that close we screwed up) But they were just beat to hell old colts for the most part. They all go bang. I'm not a fan of the new pistols. I'd just buy a Springfield railed TRP or a Pro before I'd get the Colt.

I agree tho that lots of people will buy them. I like a great 1911 as much as the next guy but were I to go back in the **** I'd take my Glock.

19. captcurly

captcurly

Sep 14, 2008
    Southern Delaware
    For me it is over priced and not something I would not spend that kind of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.