close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt is really putting out some good pistols these days

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by no_agenda, Jul 5, 2012.

1. no_agenda

no_agenda

Dec 11, 2009
    IMHO. Bought a new Series 80 back in February. Since then I have put 900 flawless rounds through her. My last range trip (Tuesday) I decided to test it out a bit. I loaded a mag with 4 Federal Hydrashock's and 3 very old Wolf rounds, to see of the gun would hang up any. I ended up shooting this group at 7yds.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341509842.074277.jpg

Not too shabby.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Not too shabby at all.

I bought thus far four brand new Colts: two Government Models in .38 Super (a blued Government Model and an El Centauro), a Lightweight Commander XSE and a Talo CCO.

The blued Government Model has probably 1000-rounds through it by now and the trigger smoothed out beautifully. The El Centauro probably has maybe 400-rounds and the trigger is still gritty.

I have no complaints with the Lightweight Commander and the Talo CCO other than the fact that they both shot 4" low. I had a local shop installed a 10-8 rear sight on the XSE, and Colt fixed the sight on the CCO (looks like a taller front sight).

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Good shooting with a Good pistol. Excellent!

4. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Colt has definitely improved over the last ten years or so.

5. Looks pretty good to me. :cool: