Colt Delta Elite vs. Glock 20

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by 4949shooter, Jul 15, 2011.

1. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

And the Bren Ten is even better,..........

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I voted Delta Elite. Very nice gun. :)

[​IMG]

3. This might stun a few here, but I'd probably go with the G20 for dirty, sloppy time in the woods.

Of course, I don't buy 10mm 1911s, so the Delta is out for me anyway. :tongueout:

[​IMG]

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I've had my Delta Elite for a long time, but if I was buying one now, as a shooter, it would be the Glock - not even a close call.

#84 Bren, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Well you sneaky bastard. When did you get that? And congrats! I have been shooting mine all day today as a matter of fact. :cool:

Here she is...Oh, and if you get the chance, get some 180gr Gold Dots from Underwood. BAD ASS!!!

[​IMG]

#85 glock2740, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  6. :rofl:

Joe, you missed my thread...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471312

:supergrin:

As for Underwood, I never tried it. I used to shoot Doubletap through my G29 when I owned it. That was many years ago. Underwood wasn't even around then.

I'll have to give it a shot, pun intended. ;)

7. Well Greg, if nothing else, it is a cool looking pistol. :cool:

:supergrin:

[​IMG]

8. Yeah, as I was reading through the whole thread that was what I kept thinking.
    Actually, I think that very few (compared to the total amount of G20's sold) replace the factory barrel. But I know some do, and springs too. If they do, they usually put the pistol back to factory after a few bad range trips. Then, like magic, it performs perfectly again.
    OP, I would suggest just getting the Colt, it's what you want. Why else would you post this question in the 1911 forum?
    Ask the same question in the General Glocking section and see what happens.
    Seriously though, If its a range gun, get the Colt. If your life is gonna depend on it, or it's gonna be treated any way differently than "babied", get the Glock.
    BTW, I like both platforms.

#88 Teecher45, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

9. You just chose a Glock over a 1911! You must feel dirty!! I won't let you forget this day!:rofl::tongueout:

10. BTW, thanks for reviving this old thread. I settled on a G20SF over a year ago.

I would still like a Delta Elite though. :drool:

BAC, let us know how you like shooting that bad boy!

11. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

:rofl:

12. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

I had a 20SF (and foolishly sold it). It was a sweet gun, but one I didn't shoot often. They can be had for $650-range (if you can find them). They are a Glock - whether you love them or hate them, it is much like every other Glock; not particularly pretty, anvil-reliable, mediocre trigger, decent combat accuracy.

I've never owned a Delta (though I've wanted one for some time). I LOVE the 1911 platform. A Delta will set you back far more $$ than the Glock (if you can find one), and will hold less rounds in the magazines. I'd personally be more loving to the DE, not because it needed it, but because it deserves it.

As stated earlier, for a "woods gun", I think I'd choose the Glock. YMMV.

13. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR

Oops. Shoulda looked at the date. :embarassed:

14. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My vote is for the G20,Ive seen how Glocks perform in da crud.

15. That's fine, thanks for the discussion just the same. :wavey:

16. Yeah, it was nearly two years old...

17. What does your off duty gun have to do with having a ..44 mag in the woods? Have your off duty approved gun on you, and you also have whatever else. Sorry guy's i can't go rabbit hunting with you this weekend, i can't use a .22.:whistling:

18. Post #44 sums it up nicely. The handgun is intended as a backup. I like to be qualified on all my backups. That's just my preference.

19. [FONT=&quot]WOW, old post but was still fun to read.

I like my S&W 1006, it's the best 10mm I have, second has been the RIA 10mm, with a few inexpensive mods it runs 100% now. I do like the 1911 platform better thought!

The two guns I carry while hunting are the Sig 220 45ACP full size and S&W 1006 10mm, both very reliable.

I would recommend a 1911 10mm platform in your collection.
    :thumbsup:

[/FONT]

20. The 1006 is a great pistol for sure .