Colt Camp Perry single shot .22LR.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GTFord1, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Bac needs to buy one of these and carpet test it for us.[​IMG] They sell for around $3500.

Colt Camp Perry

http://www.nramuseum.org/the-museum...olt-camp-perry-single-shot-target-pistol.aspx

Approximately 2,500 Camp Perry pistols were marketed by Colt between the years 1920 and 1941. This unusual model was created by replacing the 6-shot cylinder of the .22 Officer's Model Target with flat "cylinder" containing one .22 cal. chamber. Camp Perry, Ohio is the site of the annual National Rifle and Pistol Matches.

More pics here:

http://www.coltautos.com/DA/CampPerry/campperry_487.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 GTFord1, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    F/S Vintage Righty Tan Bianchi 3S Colt Commander ISB Holster Holsters & Related Items Friday at 2:55 PM
    F/S Vintage Bianchi #3 Basket Weave Colt Speed Scabbard Holsters & Related Items Wednesday at 4:23 PM
    FS/FT: Colt Delta Elite Firearms Listings Aug 24, 2015
    Combat Elite- First Colt 1911 General Firearms Forum Aug 21, 2015
    My first AR Colt 6920 SOCOM Question? Black Rifle Forum Aug 19, 2015

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I've never even seen one in real life.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Very interesting, but it leaves me wondering what the intended purpose of of it was.

5. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I don't know either.....but, the lack of alignment issues between cylinder chambers and bore, and no forcing cone or cylinder gap, will mean it will be more accurate than a revolver.

ooc

6. To make very very small groups at longish distances whilst held single handed... i.e., Bullseye Competition.

7. That ain't nuthin but cool.

8. .22 slow fire stage of the NRA Conventional Pistol match. Ten shots in 10 minutes.

9. The fluting on the cylin... on the rectanglder is an interesting illusion.

Didn't Smith make a single shot but with no swing out whatchamacallit? Not sure if it was the same time period.

#8 Bruce M, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  10. Who would EDC that pony?

11. Bac probably has two of them LOL.

12. That's what I was thinking.:rofl:

Doyle

13. Very cool! I'd love to see that idea expanded to larger rounds, similar to the Thompson Contender. Good lord, I want one in .45-70!