Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Colt 6943 experiences? (or anything in the 694x family)

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by PinkoCommie, Mar 23, 2013.

1. PinkoCommie

PinkoCommie Unusual Member

In my ongoing quest to get my department set up with some new rifles, the Colt 6943 is starting to emerge as a good solution for us, given the price, quality, features, specs, etc.

Any experiences with that rifle, or anything in the 694x family I should know about? We would be putting an EOTech or Aimpoint optic on the rifles, so the somewhat-cheesy BUIS would truly be a backup, not a primary sight.

Tell me what you know.
  2. Austin Millbarge

Austin Millbarge

Dec 8, 2012
    I've used a 6940 and it was top notch. I know opinions vary, but you can't go wrong with Colt. I took mine to Blackwater for the patrol rifle course in 2009. Shot 1200 rounds through it in three days without cleaning it. Just threw some oil on it at the end of the day. No failures.

3. rockapede

Sep 3, 2009
    Sights are fine for what they are. It's a SBR 6940, which is a monolithic 6920, meaning it's a known quality gun. You'll be married to the rail, if that matters, unless you choose to change upper receivers themselves. In a SBR, the monolithic upper is much less of an issue for me than it would be in the 6940, though. It won't be the lightest gun, but it won't be bad. You could go with Aimpoint T1/H1s, which would mitigate the issue, though. It's an 11.5 inch barrel, which is my personal preference because you end up gaining something like 40% more dwell time for only 4% more overall length when compared to a 10.5 inch barrel.

All that said, for an issued patrol rifle: if all you're putting on the gun is a light, sling, and optic, my opinion is the 6933 is a better (and lighter) deal.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    A good, solid rifle.