close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Colt 6920

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Azz_In2, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Azz_In2

Azz_In2

Jan 25, 2008
    How would you set up a 6920 with intentions of it being a primary SHTF rifle?

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    A good light, a good BUIS and an AimPoint.
    And PMags!

3. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    As it is. Buy lots of ammo and mags.

4. dont forget a good 2 point sling

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  6. Sling, white light, your choice of optic, ammo, & mags. Learning how to use all of the above together doesn't hurt either (ie - formal training/practice).

7. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    I'd set it up with the butt resting on the floor and the muzzle end kind of propped up against the bedroom door frame so it would be easy to grab when SHTF.

8. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Jan 13, 2002
    Columbus, Georgia
    Exactly how I have mine set up.:rofl:

9. Kentak

Kentak

Jan 8, 2006
    Central Ohio
    Sorry, Azz

I posted that last one after my nightcap.

The temptation might be to load it up with every conceivable accessory. But, I'd keep it pretty minimalistic. BUIS, of course; compact light; rugged 1-4 telescopic sight; a good sling in the configuration of your preference; 2 range-proven 30 rd mags, coupled.

Opinions regarding the choice of sights in addition to the BUIS will probably be the most diverse. I suppose an ACOG would be a good choice if you can afford it. A good red dot sight is another option, but I like the idea of having a 1-4 riflescope. Configure it with a compact red dot piggybacking on top, if you like.

A true SHTF gun should probably have a go-bag sitting nearby for a "bug out" SHTF scenario as opposed to a "hunker down" scenario. The bag would include many more loaded mags, more sights, bi-pod, cleaning kit, other bling of your choosing.

10. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
    You have to decide that for yourself. Everyone has their own idea of what the ideal AR15 is.

I like to have a good sling and an Aimpoint.

[​IMG]