close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Colt 6920 - still available for civilian sale?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by cowboy1964, Jan 17, 2011.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Overheard a sales guy at the GS the other day say the Colt 6920 is no longer made for sale to civilians. True or not?

2. kurt1305

kurt1305

Jan 17, 2010
    Texas
    Its marked Law Enforcement Only, but several local shops sell them to anyone otherwise eligible to own a firearm.

3. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Which Colt model is identical without the "For Police and Military..." warning?

4. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
    Colt decided they didn't want to market it to civilians so they left the LE Only stamp on it even after the AWB expired. Some people think it makes the gun cooler, other think it's proof that Colt doesn't care about civilians and therefore wouldn't buy it. Either way it's legal to own in most states.

5. tx787

tx787

Feb 11, 2010
    Most things said or overheard by sales guys as GSs are incorrect.

6. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana

:rofl:

Don't believe most of the crap you hear at a gun show.

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    He is absolutely correct. They are no longer available at all. In fact Colt produced a legal decree to never produce them again and signed it in blood. They are extremely rare and valuable now.

Lucky for you I happen to have an unfired one in my safe I might be persuaded to part with for a huge amount of money. Remember, this is an extremely rare item that you will never, ever be able to get again. :whistling: :supergrin:

8. Goodluck with that :supergrin: I had to give mine away to get my BCM. Most would rather have a Del-ton then a Colt. Resale on 6920's is not good.

9. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    And I will trade you a Del-ton for a 6920 everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. :supergrin:

10. :rofl:

11. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    Shut up you...you're squeltching my deal. :supergrin:

12. ghostman1960

ghostman1960 Static Nomad

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    Colt can kiss my arse. I can build rifle that is just as good for less.

13. Andrewsky

Andrewsky

May 28, 2004
    Tell me more.

14. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    I don't care for Colts playing their little games, but if I could only have one carbine it would likely be my 6920. Luckily I can have several.

I am also not hot for a "BCM 14.5" Middy" that all the cool kids are getting, but I will admit that the most of the major parts of my own build are from Bravo Company.

15. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    I can say the same thing about any manufacturer. What does that have to do with Colt kissing your ass?

16. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    What games is Colt playing? What issues do you have with the BCM 14.5 Midlength?

17. zhix

zhix

Jan 31, 2010
    The only ARs that Colt markets to civilians are ban configuration guns and there is no reason to still be stamping their rifles "LE/Gov't use only". They are also expensive compared to what you can get from other manufactures, but I still own one because they are made to the right specs. and I wanted something with a name that would hold value.

I don't want a Bravo Midlength 14.5 because I don't care to have whatever configuration is popular this year. Also if I wanted a 14.5" barrel so badly I would pay the $200 stamp and get an SBR instead of having a pinned flash hider. Instead I got a lowly "mid-tier" Stag 11.5" SBR (which is 1:7 heavy chrome-lined, MP tested,staked FA BCG, mil-spec stock tube w/staked nut, F marked FSB, etc.)

18. I am not a "cool kid" but my BCM 14.5 middy will be here tomorrow :supergrin: I have wanted a 14.5 for a while, I have wanted to try BCM for a while, and I prefer middys. So it made since for me.

I also would not give Colt money for a new gun, I had bought a 6920 used, shot it for a while and sold it. It was ok, but it was 16" carbine and I wanted something else. At least I didnt have to spend a bucket of money to get it to run like I did the one and only Colt 1911 I ever had. I bought it, tried to shoot it, 275 bucks later I was able to shoot it, so I sold it with a bad taste in my mouth for Colts.

19. ghostman1960

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    DD Smartgunner upper deal or a BCM upper with the lower of your choice with a quality LPK. Anything else you need to know?

20. ghostman1960

Mar 3, 2008
    Florida Dammit
    Because Colt only sells you what they think you need. Their civilian product choice is a joke. I built this for less than what a new 6920 would cost.

[​IMG]
    ETA: I guess I'm one of the cool kids with a 14.5" middy.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011